Monday, May 25, 2009

March 27???????????????????????

March 27?

Where have I been????

I have been here just apparently VERY, VERY busy.

Now I am in no way saying that those of you who manage to blog everyday are NOT busy!

I dont know what is wrong with me! I just dont blog.

In fact I am only blogging tonight because I happened to read Brenda's blog, The Family Revised, and saw that she had linked to my sad, sad little blog!

So here I am... blogging.


I am laying in bed with hubbie and even he showed surprise at my blogging!

So what to say after such a long, long absence?

NO Brenda, I do not have a camera... after the whole losing the camera fiasco and finding the camera fiasco a few months ago you should be amazed to find out that I lost my camera again! Actually Matt did, but I am casting no blame! So I am camera less now! Dave vows I am banned from buying a new camera and I havent had the guts to even start saving up for one yet!

We were driving home from Becky's house (my friend who will not blog) and I said to Dave can you believe we have ONLY lived in the house for almost three months? I mean it hasnt even been three months! It feels like forever! Someone asked me the other day if we are all settled in and I was like kindof... I feel bad saying that we arent but to be truthful I dont think we are. I still havent "found" a place for everything!

This is my plan... I have been SOOOOOOOOOOO busy that I feel overwhelmed so I have decided to SLOW down! I am actually bowing out of a few activities that I have already signed up for. I do not like doing that but I am at my wits end! I want to work on the house, I want to home school my kids (yeah I mean actually do school with them--- what a novel concept!), I want to work on some things with the kids, I want to work on our budge!

Let me break down some of those things a little more for you!

Work on house-

I want to get things more scheduled, and organized. I went though MOST stuff as we moved but I am already ready for another purging. I also want to organize my kitchen, update my coupons and menus and get cooking! My MIL got me a bread maker for mothers day! Yeah, I made Sourdough bread today but I wanna do much more! I wanna cook everyday! I wanna cook from scratch! I wanna use whole foods!!!!

I need to make lots of lists of all the things I need to do around the house... I think it is going to be really long!


School kids-

I actually need to school them! We need to start our Bible again, start their new spelling programs, keep working on math but catch up some too! and I need to continue working on Texas history! I have so many crafts and we are going to make a diorama of a battle scene! I am hoping to hook Matt with that!

We also need to work on organization in school and some chore charts!


Budget-


Well now that I have a better handle on what our monthly expenses will be at the house its time to work on our budget some! I need to start being much, much more careful in my spending! I have to much MISC. spending! I need to account for all that misc. and really count the cost of each purchase. I want to save for some specific things and the only way that I can do that is by being really careful! I know that I can do it, I have certainly done it many times before!



So that was a long, involved post with lots of rambling and mix matched conversations! But that's okay, it was the first of many catch up posts!


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Great to see you on here again! I completely understand about having too much on your plate. I am in serious consideration about several things that we may or may not continue this fall as to put more emphasis on the HOME part of homeschooling! ha ha!
I used to have a breadmaker...ah..I miss it!

Jennifer said...

You have been missed...

That having been said. The biggest factor for me in being able to stick to cooking at home is time. Which is hard to find.

I have started cooking about ten meals in advance and freezing them so I have 2-3 meals a week I can just pull out.

Also, when I bring home the groceries, I will throw some chicken breasts in marinade and freeze them that way, for easy dinners.

This is my all time favorite site (once you get past the name) http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/

Brenda said...

You need a camera with a "phone finder" button. We are forever losing the phones and remotes here and the girls said once they wished the remote had a "phone finder" button. That would be good.

I realized my camera was from when C was in Kindergarten so I suppose it was time it bit the dust.

You have big goals girl. Can't wait to hear about how you are going to do all that! :)