Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fat is Fat.... but something is something!

On my weight loss journey... because it is definitely a journey, although I am still not sure of the destination! Which I am soon going to figure out!

Anyway, with weight loss it is a lot of wait and see, well if you haven't noticed waiting takes patience and will power... IF WE HAD MUCH PATIENCE OR WILLPOWER WOULD WE BE FAT??? I am just saying!

Joy, pain, fear, anxiety, sadness hopefully turns to determination, desperation, patience, and self control.

But this road is LONG. This road is painful. This road or at least my road has many, many detours!

But alas I am still on the road, maybe off the beaten path a little but still heading in the general direction!

So I read a blog post the other day and it struck me... visualization is VERY important in my weight loss journey. I need to SEE myself as thin. I need to see myself as healthy. I need to see myself as worth it. I need to see a goal. I need to see a truth. I need to see a difference.

VISUALIZATION.

Now I don't mean any new age mumbo jumbo! I just mean things like this post @

Eclipsed Escaping the Shadow of Obesity

It is so true.  Something is SOMETHING! 

In another blog it talked about a women who had lost weight and someone asked her about the weight loss.  The person said, lose it,   I didn't lose any weight.  The person asking the question just stared at this woman WHO HAD LOST 60 POUNDS!  The person replied... what do you do when  you lose your keys... YOU FIND THEM AGAIN.  I don't want to find this weight again.  I didn't lose it, I REMOVED it. 

SO TRUE!  It is all about the way you look at something.

But something is something!  Either we are removing 1 lb or we are removing 10 lbs.  Removing is removing!

So I have up to this point removed about 17 lbs.  I think I gained about 3 back during one of my off the beaten trails times but that is okay!  At least I didn't gain it in addition to NOT removing the 17 lbs!  Right!




2 comments:

Amal Shakeb said...

nice one carrie! true sentiments of someone trying to lose weight!

Brenda said...

Oh wow. 4 sticks of butter? I needed to hear this b c it is so discouraging to only lose a tiny bit but it is something!