Monday, August 10, 2009

School days or School daze...

I cant make up my mind, which one it is!

So today it started... I had a plan.

The kids were all dressed, fed and at the table at 9:00 a.m. sharp! Yeah for them.

We did our devotion and then I went blank. I freaked out. I was like Okay, dont know what we are gonna do now! I really dont know what happened. But I worked through it and we got all of our school work done that I had planned! Whoo HOO!




So Dave took these shots of our DECIMAL STREET for Math U See.






We studied the Seminole Indians for the beginning of our 7 weeks of Native Americans...



I am going to have to balance doing to much "kid" stuff with Kaitlin... I dont want to always send her off while we do fun stuff, but yet she has work that the other kids dont have and there are only so many hours in the school day... whats a girl to do.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

We started off on Monday and it went great, but on Tuesday I went a bit blank from time to time. We want OUR plan to work, but unfortunately life does not go as planned. ;)

I face the same dilemna with my varied age kiddos. Savannah can't just glue and cut paper all day and learn third grade work, but I have come up with something that seems to be working better for us this year. I have blogged about it recently (under Schedules),but I am still tweeking it obviously... since I really am still a newbie and really don't have much of a clue about what I am doing. I will see what is working for us over the next couple of weeks and I will blog about it. I don't want Savannah to miss out on the fun things.. even the things that I THINK she may be too old for... she still wants to have fun... and really don't we all. So, I have been telling her that she has to earn it by trying hard to focus and get her work done. I sit across from her (8) and Sierra (5) with my two little ones (2, 1) running around the room or in my arms. What is working right now is that I am handing Savannah assignments in a folder and telling her she has 15 minutes (etc.) and giving her simple quick instructions. I am trying to train her to just simply slip her hand up if she needs assistance, so she does not interrupt me talking to Sierra. Sierra and I attempt to accomplish some K work and I try to save the stuff they can do together for some afternoon fun. We have made a new rule that school is done by lunch and after lunch we can come back and do some activities for fun. Also, if an assignment us not done in the time frame (15+ minutes) it goes back into the folder and we move on to the next assignment and pull it back out in an empty time slot... I'll blog about it...

Anyway, wish I could have seen you at THSC Convention! So, I am going to "follow" you here and get to know you here. :) "Follow" me and you can get a peek at how crazy we are! LOL! :)