Well, this has been a wonderful month... I have really gotten to stay at home, spend a lot of quality time with my family, just veg out and watch HGTV a lot...on the other hand IT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO. :0) Since June 3 I have been dealing with KIDNEY STONES. Because most of my lovely readers already know this I will not go on and on about everything....I will just say this. I am so very, very sorry for anyone who deals with kidney stones.
We are of course dealing with a lot financially-- we have pretty good insurance and an FSA but 3 ER visits, 2 surgeries, doctors visits, a lot of medicines have very quickly added up!
a few other things have gone on this month too....
- we got a new dishwasher! If you remember my parents own this home and we are renting so basically we have AWESOME landlords! When it came time for a new dishwasher we opted to go in together to buy a REALLY good one and I am excited. It is nice and so far working very well--- it takes forever though!
- we kept Max- Amy and Brett's new dog, so cute! and wow puppies are a lot of work!
- we kept mom and dad's dog AND Brian's dog (they had cancelled a trip because of my surgery but when the date was changed they ended up getting to go-- I was so glad since I felt bad they had cancelled it...we love keeping the dogs- we get to send them home!)
- we have been incredibly blessed with friends and family-- meals, helping with the kids, babysitting me--- asking if we need anything! Such an amazing blessing!
- we have continued on with school-- we missed a few days between my being really sick and the week recovering from the first surgery but have done pretty well keeping up since then. I am behind where I wanted to be but feel pretty good about the fact that we are WHERE we are!
- Emily finished up her Sound of Music play... more on that in another post.
- we have missed out on a number of summer activities that I planned but it is what it is, right!
- Dave has already used a number of vacation days (so blessed that he has a lot!)
- I learned today that my second surgery is postponed from Tuesday (today) until July 3-- this is really disheartening... I am hurting. I am in limbo. I am taking a boat load of meds that I would LOVE to be not taking. I am not taking care of my family. I am tired and pretty much discouraged. SO much of the kidney stone thing seems to be: Well WE DON'T KNOW....