Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where does the time go???

So I was going to blog and I realized that it has been one whole week... I dont know where the time went? Why didnt I blog? What was I doing that whole time? I DONT KNOW!

No really, I was busy, but not to busy to not blog for whole week! I am waiting on some people to send me pictures so that I can blog with pics but that isnt the whole reason... I just keep getting to the end of the day, literally 11:45, and think "I didnt blog!" I dont want to get up and go blog so I just say I will make sure the next day and guess what the next day passes and the next day passes.



So many changes happening here. The biggest being our debt.



We are finally jumping on board with the whole Dave Ramsey plan and going for broke---bad saying...we are going for wealth! We went through the class about 7 years ago, and have implemented some parts of it. We do not use any credit cards and have not for over 6 years.
We budget but we having cut enough, we arent paying down our debt. Actually let me retract that, our debt is very, old debt. The kind where the credit card company has written us off. We have paid off some of it, we have done a few settlements and then we just stopped. I dont know why! LIFE happened.

Anyway, so we are back on the tracks and we are going to buy a car with cash in June, then start our debt snowball, then I get a vacation, then we do our 3-6 months living expenses. We already have our emergency fund, actually we had 2000.00 but we just had the suburban screw up our water pump. This led to the radiator, hoses and seals! So we our down about 1200.00! But we had it to begin with and I AM NOT STRESSED. The emergency fund is there for EMERGENCY's!

Now our actually goal eventually is what DAVE RAMSEY says, you get to the point that you dont have to use the emergency funds for an emergency! Wouldn't that be awesome!

We have cancelled an upcoming trip to California.
We cancelled our cable.
We shut off Dave's phone and he gave up his I phone and got a phone from work.
We have cut everything we felt we could and are having budget meetings like twice a day! Not really but it feels like it.

Dave gave me a very nice kiss the other day and said," I feel closer doing all this with you. "
He meant the debt stuff, not the kiss! I thought it was so sweet and wonderful and absolutely TRUE.

So anyway... this is where we are at!

Btw... I did get to buy a camera. It was originally in the budget for the vacation. But it is my concessions prize for giving up my trip! Instead of spending hundreds of dollars I just spent 2! Still sounds like a lot but I was so beyond ready to have a camera. I have waited SOOOOOOOOO long! So get ready for some pics on the blog!


2 comments:

Paula said...

Good for you for getting the ball rolling with debt payoff! We're working on student loans that need paying off...

I'm trying to move to a cash budget, but haven't started implementing it yet.

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

That's really cool. We've been using the same thing and we like it a lot. It's easy to start but sticking with it has been difficult. BUT that's how we're going to get a house. :)