Monday, January 11, 2010

Can I hear a Hoot...

I dont know if I have said this on the blog before but we have owls. They are so cute, they are about 6-8 inches tall and yes they do hoot! They turn their heads and they eyes get all big... it's cool! Matt discovered them a few months ago... we think there are three. But they havent been around lately.

Until today, Matt was taking things out to the storage buiding and he turned around and the owl was just sitting there. So it flew away but Matt came in and told me the owls were back so I grabbed my cell phone and we ran outside to catch a look! There he was, just sitting there! I tried to get to close so he flew to the other side of the fence but I managed to get a pretty good shot!

I think they are adorable and such a neat thing to just see in your backyard, especially since our back yard is about 10 miles from downtown HOUSTON! I just think it is amazing.



1 comment:

Paula said...

I've never seen owls outside of a zoo. That's really neat that you have them so nearby.