Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... the sky is bright blue and sunny, I am praying that it stays this way for Thursday!

I am thinking... of home much school I can fit it till we leave for scouts.

I am thankful for... my husband making decisions for our family.

I am wearing.... technically my robe but am getting dressed in a minute.

I am remembering... what Dave Ramsey said last night and trying to put my priorities in line!

I am going... to step up again and firmly reinstate the ban! I have lifted the ban to many times last week so I am CLOSING IT!

I am giving myself ...a strong talking to about my reactions to the kids earlier, I breathed and stopped but even though I didnt say anything mean I know that they knew what I was thinking!

I am currently reading... My Side of the Mountain and a Debbie Macomber book. I am hoping to start my devotion this week. I am deciding between two.

I am hoping... that we will have an easy week with Kaitlin because this last week and weekend have not been fun!

I have been admittedly distracted by eating this week! I just kept thinking about food!

On my mind... how I can be more frugal and thrifty and it all comes down to sacrifice.

I am still thinking about what Hank Tate said at the Sethsa leadership conference.

Pondering these words... "If you are not happy with what you have, you wont be happy with what you want."

From the kitchen... I am making a smore cupcake on Thursday and I am making a sweet potato/ potato au gratin tomorrow... oh and Matt ate fresh cooked spinach yesterday! YEAH!!

Around the house... I got a new table cloth for the dining table. I want to actually start setting the table after each meal so that it is ready for the next meal. Also it will stop it from being a dumping ground, which isnt happening to bad but I can see the tide turning! We also got Emily her new book shelf this weekend. It was 29.99 at Big Lots, it was on sale for 27.99 and I had a 20% off coupon so I was VERY happy!

One of my favorite things... PLANNING THINGS... I love to plan things. I love themes of ANY kind!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your quote, I am going to post that on facebook! :)

Brenda said...

"technically I am in my bathrobe."

This might be the funniest thing I have read all day!!!!!!!