Sunday, January 3, 2010

End of the year Meme...

End of the Year meme...

Partial REPOST from last year... this is from 2008 and I am going to fill in my answers for 2009!

End of the Year Meme...
I got this End of the Year meme from URL Double, Carrie at Thoughts, Ponderings and Musings!
Join in if you want to!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
ATE SUSHI

In 2009...did a Thanksgiving dinner completely by myself! Turkey and all! oh and I shot a gun!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No way, I dont think I kept any of them!!!

In 2009... I will talk more on this later but no not for the most part and Yes I will make more for 2010!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not extremely close.

In 2009? Um Yes Sarah Jean Fredericks!!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no

In 2009... um no, not really, really close to me.

5. What countries did you visit?
Um does the USA count?

in 2009... still stuck to the USA

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
better finances and less weight! I guess will power!

In 2009...more wisdom in presidential elections! More wisdom in politics, more money, more weight loss etc!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I cant remember so I guess they weren't etched on my memory!

In 2009... the inauguration... I knew the world as I knew it would start to change and it has!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I am not trying to be negative but i dont feel I accomplished much this year.

in 2009... hmmmm we moved into our rent house and we have managed very well financially... I mean we dont have a lot of savings but we are paying cash and doing what we need to! I also want to re mention Thanksgiving here! I mean to me a turkey was a big deal! But that is just me!

9. What was your biggest failure?
weight loss and not keeping my temper in check

In 2009... I will say the same answer which is not something I am proud of exactly!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
no we are all healthy!

in 2009... no healthy, all of us! We are truly blessed in that area!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
my camera, which I have since LOST!

in 2009... best thing I bought???? seriously kindof silly and I am sure I loved lots of things I bought but I love the mixing bowl set I got courtesy of Vickie, she blessed me with a gift of cash just for being little ole me and I bought mixing bowls. Yes sounds weird but I needed some! I also bought a whisk, a set of cooking pans, a book and some Christmas decor that I wanted but would not spend money on!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Honestly probably my husbands, we have on and off but he was more on this year I think!

in 2009... I might say Hubbies again, we made some big decisions this year and he has been more on top of things than ever... not perfect but there is definite improvement!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Honestly keeping it real here probably mine?

in 2009... um mine but more so I would say CONGRESS!

14. Where did most of your money go?
to a big fat nothin store- probably Walmart

in 2009... I am proud to say I have hardly stepped foot in a Walmart.. there is not one close so we hardly ever go. (I dont have any thing against Walmart btw!) I think most of my money this year went to rent and all that MISC!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our Branson Vacation and our Garner trip basically any travel! Oh and seeing Amy Grant in concert!

in 2009....I guess Brian and Allison's wedding! That was a big one! Kristal got to come down so that was awesome and we got into a house in the Heights, not exactly Garden Oaks but I am happy!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
wow, I dunno know.

in 2009...still dont know.. I mean I love music but I dont always relate it to an event but I guess I will choose the Over the Rainbow that was played at Brian and Allison's wedding!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) poorer or richer?
(a) Happier!
(b) fatter
(c) Poorer

in 2009...
(a) happier
(b) a little fatter but slimming down too!
(c) I am not poorer... I am staying in one place!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
losing weight, exercising

in 2009... again losing weight, exercising, school with the kids!!!!!!! character training, political awareness...

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
have less fear and anxiety

in 2009... same although I maintain I am doing better! spent money on frivolous things instead of applying it to more important thing!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the kids!

in 2009... at home with the kids, then lunch at Moms house, we spent Christmas Eve in Vickie's new house and it was wonderful!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love!

in 2009...
Yes, I fell in love with the IPHONE.. want to get one!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Greys Anatomy or Men in Trees

in 2009...hmmm Glen Beck or Eureka!

23. I skipped this question....it asked if you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year. Bad question! Can't think of a good replacement...any ideas?

in 2009.. still not answering the original question!

24. What was the best book you read?
Tales of Despereaux

in 2009...the Mothers book by Mrs. child (1831) and the kids and I loved Old Yeller and Pilgrims Progress! I also started reading Debbie Macomber and I really like her.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um an IPOD??

in 2009...Michael Buble????

26. What did you want and get?
a camera and wireless printer (got it, till I lost the camera!)

in 2009... a house near Garden Oaks and Dave's work! got it!!!!

27. What did you want and not get?
a few less pounds

in 2009.. yes a few less pounds and an emergency fund Dave Ramsey style! oh and a new, new camera!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I cant really think of my favorite but I guess I will pick Prince Caspian!

in 2009... easy STAR TREK! I love this movie!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um my birthday was spent in a hotel room with NO electricity so not so much fun! I turned 31

in 2009.. well I turned 32 and I did have electricity so that is better! I had dinner with friends, it was great!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
losing some weight and have a significant amount in savings, after having paid off most of our debt!

in 2009...I will re say all the stuff from my 2008 answer...

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
jeans and polo

in 2009.. well if you know me at all jeans and a polo! I have branched out this winter, I bought a beautiful ice blue sweater! Hey thats big! I am a black and brown kindof gal!

32. What kept you sane?
diet coke and blogging

in 2009... um lets say GOD who I believe invented Diet coke! and maybe just plain being to busy to go insane???? I do best when busy!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Easy, Sarah Palin


in 2009...I was glad to see more of Sarah Palin and I was glad to see Whitney Houston back on tour and looking beautiful! I guess though as far as public figures pretty much the entire cast (can you use the word cast?) of the Fox News Network!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election.

in 2009.. too many to mention without using up all of cyber space but seriously we are in trouble here people! Please step and and get active... we have a job to do taking back seats this year!

35. Who did you miss?
I guess no one- does the cast of Men in Trees count?

in 2009... I will say around the time of Brians Wedding I missed my Great Grandmother (Nennie) a lot. I just thought she would have loved to see it!

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Jennifer Coplings

in 2009....I just dont know that I have many new people... that sounds horrible! I must work on that this year!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I do have enough.

in 2009...that sometimes giving grace for wrongs is better than giving punishment.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


Leave all your cares behind you
The sun is rising
Turn around -it's right in front of you
and it's a beautiful life
and it's a beautiful time
to be here, to be here, to be here

From Beautiful World (Fisher)
It's the theme song on TLC for all their shows.




in 2009... this is the whole song, "Alright" by Darius Rucker

Alright, Alright
Yeah it's alright, alright

Don't need no five star reservations
I've got spaghetti and a cheap bottle of wine
Don't need no concert in the city
I've got a stereo and the best of Patsy Cline
Ain't got no caviar no Dom Perignon
But as far as I can see, I've got everything I want

Cause I've got a roof over my head,
the woman I love laying in my bed
And it's alright, alright
I've got shoes under my feet
Forever in her eyes staring back at me
And it's alright, alright
And I've got all I need
And it's alright by me

Maybe later on we'll walk down to the river
Lay on a blanket and stare up at the moon
It may not be no French Riviera
But it's all the same to me as long as im with you

It may be a simple life, but that's okay
If you ask me baby, I think I've got it made

Cause I've got a roof over my head,
the woman I love laying in my bed
And it's alright, alright
I've got shoes under my feet
Forever in her eyes staring back at me
And it's alright, alright
And I've got all I need
And it's alright by me

It's alright by me, yeah yeah
When I lay down at night I thank the Lord above
For giving me everything I ever could dream of

Cause I've got a roof over my head,
the woman I love laying in my bed
And it's alright, alright, alright, alright
I've got shoes under my feet
Forever in her eyes staring back at me
And it's alright, alright, alright
And I've got all I need, yeah
I've got all I need
And it's alright by me
Oh yeah, it's alright by me




2 comments:

Carrie said...

awwwwww...... I forgot about this! I should do it again too!

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

I love it!!! :)