Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lord you have given me peace...

I have a friend who struggles with some of the same issues I have... yes I said SOME!

Worry
Anxiety
Control Issues

So anyway, she was talking the other day and telling me how she had worked so hard in a particular situation to be patient and to wait for God's hand... I was very proud of her and it got me feeling convicted later that day because of my own inability to wait for Gods hand sometimes.

I want Gods PEACE in my life. It would work for all the above issues!

Worrying... here is some of Gods Peace.

Anxious... here is some of Gods Peace.

Being controlling because you want to KNOW what is going to happen.. here is some of Gods Peace.

See it works... So I going to find a Bible Study on Gods Peace. Now I will tell you a little secret about ME, I have never in my life, besides school or specifically in a church setting EVER finished a Bible Study I have started! Yes, that is very sad. So I would like to finish one and I pick this one! If you have a good one let me know, I will look at it! I hope to find one within the week so get back with me asap!



Isaiah 26:12, "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." (NIV)


1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have been blogging about one I am attending in church called Discerning the Voice of God.... maybe you could read my posts and get a feel for whether you might like it. I am doing it with a group and videos, but you could do just the book and Bible study alone. Some of the things you said seem like it could be a good study for you.

I have also read the book How to Have a Meek & Quiet Spirit and it has a little Bible study booklet that can be purchased for a couple of dollars more. I have read the book and it covers all the issues we face as homeschool moms. I have the study guide, also.... but have not done it, yet. I will because I know it is the kind of thing that will be life changing. The book is wonderful, so I know the study will be, also. This one can be gotten for all under $20, so you can't go wrong with it.