Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Belated Birthday Matthew

I want to back up and give my boy a belated birthday post! I love this boy so much. There are so many things about him that are "ME" and just as many that are his daddy. He is definitely BOTH his parents. All the things he inherited from are us aren't great, he has many obstacles to over come. I KNOW that he can do it and I know with a shadow of a doubt that he is going to grow up to LOVE THE LORD, and to serve Him with all his strength. I know that he will be a great man of God and a wonderful husband, father, son, brother... whatever life brings him, he will prosper and bless those around him.


Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.    Ephesians 2:3-5 (Proverbs 29:17 )





You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.   (Deuteronomy 6:7 ESV)


Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.       





Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

                                                                              (Psalms 127:3-5)




“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."    (Matthew 18:10)



3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,  5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)





Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of the LORD your God.  (Deuteronomy 12:28)


But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD'S love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--  Psalms 103:17



Proverbs 20:11


Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right.
 
 
Proverbs 8:32-33



Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it.





Proverbs 23:15-16



My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.
 


I LOVE YOU MATTHEW BRIAN THOMPSON.

No comments: