Saturday, July 10, 2010

WOW.. time flies

I had NO idea that it had been so long since I posted!

OH well, we are busy people!

Here is my thought for the day.

Definition of INSANITY:

Doing the same action and expecting different results.


I do this.

I do this a lot!

I simply HAVE to change certain actions if I want things to change... I cant keep doing the same ole thing and expecting something different to happen.

For example:

If we keep overspending...we aren't saving!

We can talk about it till PIGS FLY... but unless we DO it doesn't matter. We were doing so well! SO well until May. Then we let circumstances get the best of us and it went downhill from here.

SO GET BACK ON TRACK...

DH and I had a "money meeting" and we are on the same brainwave so we will see how the next paycheck goes!

Another example:

Diet and exercises. I am honestly doing really well. But I want to do better. I want to journal my food a little more diligently. I do the numbers in my head and for the most part I am VERY good at that. I know there must be hidden calories here and there and those add up so I just want to be very precise! On the exercising I am doing really well but there are days here and there that I don't go to the gym and I am frustrated with myself because I feel like I wasted a day! I don't want to waste a day! I want to do all that I can!

One last example:

School. Did you know that is you say you are going to do school and you don't, your kids get used to it and then there is trouble abrewin'....? So we are back on the bandwagon tomorrow morning and I have reworked my planning. I have purposely left some days of no school so that I wont get so far behind if stuff comes up. Now to say this I don't mind that we aren't doing school, I mind that I say we are going to do school and we don't! It irritates me to no end. So must stick to schedule even if the kids ****gasp**** miss out on something fun. I don't want them to miss everything fun, but when we have been going and going.... it is okay to stop! I have to let go what we don't get done but also embrace not doing school in order to learn other ways or just have fun! So....I have a school plan but it is more flexible, and I also have specific goals that will take precedence school wise.



So if I could stop the insanity around here... things might change!


BTW.. I weigh on Monday so I will be updating!

3 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Yeah...I'm in the same boat on pretty much everything. Ugh. I'm really great at planning but not sticking with

aneisa said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. There are so many times your thoughts sound exactly like something I would say! :0) Sorry I haven't made comments lately, I have been healing from gall bladder surgery. Blah. Hope you have a great weekend!

aneisa said...

Ack- I forgot! My blog is set to private now, so if you will send me your email, I will send you an invite:
benandaneisa@hotmail.com