Friday, July 16, 2010

Treacherous actions...A Fitness Friday Post!


Do you know what the word sabotage means? I mean the actual definition?


Sabotage:
2. Treacherous action to defeat or hinder a cause or an endeavor; deliberate subversion

I am hindering my own endeavor.  I am a sabotager!

I am repeating or initiating treacherous actions that are hindering my cause!


Treacherous action number 1:

whip cream in a can.... yes it is only 15 calories per 2 tablespoons, yes it is a delightful bubble of happiness, yes when you spray it directly into your mouth it tastes great and makes you and your children giggle. 
BUT WHEN inadvertently spray about 12 Tablespoons a day into your mouth or food..... that equals sabotage!

12 T= 90 calories.

NOT GOOD.

Treacherous action number 2:

The Biggest Loser... yes it is inspirational, yes I want to see who the winner is, yes there are great tips that will help me on this weight loss journey.

BUT WHEN you watch it all day long at the expense of actually MOVING, you defeat the purpose of buying them to get inspired to move because you are NOT MOVING... good thing I have bought all of the seasons that can be bought....


Treacherous action number 3:

Misconceptions about fat vs. calorie and carb vs. calorie and calories IN vs. calories OUT.  Yes we do not all have the information necessary for weight loss, we are obviously mistaken about food OR we wouldn't be soooo fat!  We have too many conflicting ideas also which is frustrating...I mean the professionals don't even agree...

BUT WHEN you decide to not take any of the conflicting information and use it to your benefit you are sabotaging yourself.... JUST PICK ONE!


Treacherous action number 4:

Planning an 8 day vacation.  FUN wonderful, get to see so much more of the world!  VERY EXCITED!

BUT planning a trip that is going to be incredibly hurried and involves literally hundreds of miles of driving during precious, " I HAVE TO FOCUS ON ME AND MY FOOD AND STUFF" time, not very helpful and scares me!  Hopefully will not fully sabotage myself.  Did get hotels with small gyms, do have days planned for walking, hiking etc!

Treacherous action number 5:

Muligrain tortilla chips.  ENOUGH SAID.

BUT even though they are tasty, muligrained, baked, not fried... it doesn't mean they are healthy and you CANNOT eat two servings a day, even if you have the calories for it!  Your calories need to be used for things that are helping your body to MOVE!  So occasional chips and salsa.. GREAT!  Not for daily consumption!

Treacherous action number 6:

Sugar free jello, yes a tasty refreshing treat and hey ONLY 10 calories.

BUT WHEN you eat three of them in a day and ....wait for it... add whip cream in a can

NOT GOOD!

Treacherous action number 7:

Asking my dear sweet unsuspecting hubbie to get me a sweet treat at the store... YES, I have been working hard, yes, I deserve a sweet treat, yes I have the calories for it, yes I still got SKINNY COW!

BUT WHEN sweet dear hubbie brings home Skinny Cow Fudge Bars and you eat the delectable treat that is only 100 calories of chocolaty goodness... you have to remind yourself NOT TO EAT THREE!!!!!


Okay so do we all agree that I have sabotaged myself and that I am doomed to failure.

NO NOT REALLY... but at least I am aware of the actions and repercussions of what is going on.  I am changing things and making adjustments and planning for how to minimize sabotage in the future!

HOW do you sabotage yourself???


4 comments:

Giovanna said...

I am susceptible to chips and salsa also! I deliberately don't buy whipped cream in a can cause the kids make a mess with it, so I don't have to be tempted by that. I am like you in the fact that I want my honey to pick me up a sweet treat, but mine are Ding Dongs. I used to always tell him to only buy one but he would come back with a box! What are you going to do? You can't waste them. You have to eat them, right?

Not anymore! I will be keeping you in prayer for willpower and to not sabotage yourself. You will do great Carrie, I just know it : )

Unknown said...

By getting out of bed!

aneisa said...

I love these posts about diets and food- keep them coming! (I sit and nod, "Yep, yep!" because I do the same thing!)
HAHA

Brenda said...

Carrie, we ALL have a list like this. It might not be the same as yours b/c I have never in my life squirted whipped cream in my mouth BUT oh my word the multiple things? I'm there. And not doing anything cause you aren't sure what to do? Yep. And I have others. Good for you for listing them out and overcoming them!!!