Sunday, July 11, 2010

Target is my target...

Emily LOVES to say that. She thinks it is hilarious!

So today I decided to try walking down the walk/ bike path that winds thru the Heights and goes under I10 to the Target shopping center. My sister in law who had biked it thought it was about a mile. So I was like I can do that!!! So today we did! Dave took the girls to a movie and Matt and I were home so we decided to go for a walk! It is a beautiful pathway, you get to walk over two bridges which is neat to Matt. You walk underneath I10 which is really loud but Matt thought was cool. We got to Target, Matt bought a snack and I had water and then we walked home!

pedometer wise it was 4797 steps and mile wise it was a little over 2.3 miles there and back! It was a good little walk and I really think we could all do it several times a week!

Now being the freak that I am I used the walk time to talk to Matt a little about safety. I had him hold the cell phone in his pocket and said if any thing happened, if Mommy got hurt or someone tried to attack us... he was to run away as fast as he can and call 911 with the phone. It made me feel better to have a plan and truly for Matt's personality it helps HIM to have a plan too. He would rather know a situation, even if it is awful or gruesome so that HE feels prepared. I have to really remember that with him. Kate is not like that, I think she would generally rather not know or think about it. Emily is still young although I think she will like to have a plan too but not as badly as Matt.

So anyway, it was a good day! Here is a pic of my route to Target...


BTW... I think the last number of what I had done on the Elliptical was a half mile, well I did a mile and a half a few days after that and  YESTERDAY I did a little over 4 miles!  I was on it for 1 hour and burned over 350 calories.  It felt AWESOME!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

wow! I SOOOO wish I lived walking distance to a Target...that is sooooo cool!!!!!!