Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wreaths Across America 2012



We went to participate in Wreaths Across America last Saturday.




 This is one of my favorite service projects.  Every grave at the Houston National Cemetery gets a wreath laid on it for Christmas.. such an amazing, reverent sight.  My dad's mother and father are buried there... I never met his dad, as he passed away a few months before I was born.  My Grandmother on the other hand was my favorite person in the world....I loved her so much and still miss her to this day.  I know she would have loved seeing us grow and up and would have adored my kiddoes. 

Okay enough about that!  We were very blessed to get over to their grave site in order to be the ones who laid a wreath on their headstone...







This is a wonderful thing.  So many people come out to participate...there are veterans, boy scouts, ROTC, family members... patriots.  This is something we try to do every year!


No comments: