Friday, October 5, 2012

Anne with an "e"

I remember once telling my teacher Mrs. Brinkly that my name was Carrie with an "e" and she laughed.  I have always loved Anne of Green Gables.  I am sure I watched the movie before I ever read the books... but of course once I became enamored with the books it was all over for me... Anne (all of them), Rainbow Valley, Rilla of Ingleside, Emily of New Moon.  I have since watched (one of the few movies I DO enjoy ALMOST as much as the books) Anne of Green Gables countless times...

I hesitate to say that Matt liked it the most- although it was the writing not the story he enjoyed.. and Emily asked to listen daily!  He contiuallys says, "There is no scope for imagination..." now!

We listened rather than read this VERY LONG BOOK...

We colored out of this color book



and did a word search from here

we also used Anne of Green Gables literature study from Teacher Created Resources.. I have the book but also found this online! 

We played with this Anne of Green Gables paperdoll house ....



We made RASPBERRY CORDIAL which I found on Pinterest!  God bless pinterest!



We made a mini map book on Canada and Prince Edward Island (which I have for ALL my live long days thought was on the other side of the continent from where it truly is!  I have no idea why I thought that!) and mapped places where Anne lived and walked...



We pressed flowers.



and we finished up with a Tea Party to serve our raspberry cordial and petite fours (we made them!)




along with making a pressed flower bookmarker...



It was a good unit!

1 comment:

H-Mama said...

i bow, my friend. love this.