Saturday, August 16, 2008

I heart half price books!!!!


So me and the fam went to Half Price Books today! I just love that store! Sometimes things are over priced but usually I feel like I am getting a good deal- not thrift store deal or garage sale deal but "I can walk into the store and it is alphabetically listed by authors so I can find the book" deal! So I went with my reading list for the year and the list of books I had on my wish list on Amazon and CBD online and started the treasure hunt. DH didn't hunt he just stood there with his arms open to catch my "finds" and smiled at me and my giddiness! He loves me!
So anyway, I am happy with my purchases and my amazon and CBD catalog order went down about 70 dollars! I will do the whole THE HOME SCHOOL STORE (for those unaware The Home school Store has an amazing used section and it rocks. You must go ready to hunt but I usually end up feeling like I won a battle!) thing, than I place the orders online. I might move the two order lists to Rainbow Resources since there are two thing I want there also and I would have only one shipping cost, I will put my trusty ol' calculator to work and crunch some numbers and go with the cheapest route. My determination to buy books is that I am incapable of using the public library system. I personally keep my entire cities library running with my late fee charges. So I am taking that stress out of my life and ordering the books! I wont have to worry about getting them when I want, or how long I keep them! I cannot order all my books this way but I plan to do what I can! I saved money on some other home schooling aspects so I am using that fundage to pay for my books, plus trying to get them as economically as I can!!!


1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

I haven't been to Half Price Books or The Homeschool Store in a LONG time. I need to get rid of some "old" books and go buy some "new." Looks like you found some great books!