Monday, August 18, 2008

Personal Status Update...

Physical: The family as a whole is supposed to be eating healthier! Well we are a little and in our world that is big! I believe it is an every little bit helps situation! We are having Brazilian Skirt steak and baked potatoes for dinner. Sounds expressive but at last it isn't! I am determined to at least one day this week make it to the YMCA- hey once is good. I will go from there! I went up and down the stairs 14 times just so far today. That is more than usually, I just didn't ask the kids to get something for me, I got it myself.

Educational: We are finished with school today although we got a very minimal amount done, we might do some this evening. Kate has art today for the first time. They are doing realistic pet sketches. She took pictures of a a parrot and a Chihuahua. She didn't know what she would want to draw when the time came. We did our Bible and we are doing the New Testament but we are working our way very basically through Old Testament stories showing how God promised us a Savior. So today was David so for copy work we did Psalm 23. I did a very simple translation only half the verse, they will finish it tomorrow. Than on Wed and Thursday I am going to have them copy New King James version and we will discuss! We started our Olympic unit today and that is all the School work done today! That is seriously minimal!!!!!!!!!!!


House: I guess all is good, we borrowed a steam cleaner from a friend and it helped a lot. It isnt perfect but you can definitely notice that some stains are gone and some stains are lighter! It was worth doing. I got some frames on sale at Michaels and I have great plans to do another picture montage on my wall. We have to work on cleaning out the storage and attic this month or the beginning of next month and than we are having a garage sale! Yuck but neccesary!

Financial: We blessed. It is hard to remember that when we "WANT". I can decide to be frugal, we can give up extras, eat out less (a lot less), drive less, do less, have less...We are still blessed. If we don't have the vacation, or the extra spending money, or a new car...we are blessed. We have health, we have a roof over our home, we have a car that gets us where we need to go, we have food, we have extras, we have our needs met. The rest is gravy. Oh but homemade gravy cuz I can make it cheaper than buying a mix!

Spiritual: God is waiting for me to listen. I really just am not good at that. I need to be quiet. I have nothing else to say but once I have been quiet and get my answer I will let you know.

Family: my family is good. Healthy and Happy! We have my other sister and my niece and nephew coming in August for a 10 day visit. It will be fun and I cannot wait to see them! My Grandpa is turning 90 in September and we are throwing him a party. Emily is changing Gymnastics, more on that in another post! Matt wants to start swim team ( we are discussing the possibility), I am trying to think of other updates but cannot think! Hope I didn't miss anything important!

How are things in your world? Join me for a Status Update! Just leave me a comment and I'll go check yours out on your blog! Or, leave it in the comments!


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Hi Carrie. I found your blog on Blog Around the World. Anyway, your family sounds fantastic! I could take a lesson or two from you. You are very brave to homeschool... I"m chicken and I send my kids to Christian day school. WEll, it is the right decision for our family anyway. I wanted to let you know that I read about you cleaning your carpet. I have a steam cleaner too. My friend suggested that I only use water to clean the carpet every other time. She said that when you use shampoo every time (like I was doing) then some of the shampoo gets left behind on the carpet and attracts dirt even more. Since some shampoo is left behind, the water only cleaning ends up using the leftover shampoo anyway. Try to use as hot of water as possible (not boiling!). It's just a little tip she gave me and it seems to do a great job plus it's another way to stretch the budget.

Have a great day and God Bless you!