Monday, February 9, 2009

HMMMMM...

Ernest Hemingway said once that to become a man you had to do three things...

Father a child
Fight a bull
Plant a tree


How utterly random could ya get? I mean those three things were how you became a man? Not being responsible for the child his whole life, not raising a herd of bulls for a living and not planting an orchard to sustain a life....

Do these three things strike you as odd? I mean I understand that Hemingway was a deeply disturbed young man. I know he had serious problems, but THIS is what he though made you into a man???

HMMMMMMMMMM...........................


Supposedly (meaning I am not a physician and did not actually research these facts) once you die your hair continues to grow for several months.

Is that weird? I mean why would it keep growing? Does it grow faster or slower than when you are alive? Do you still have body? Curls? Does it still get frizzy???


HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............................



The sound of E.T. was made by someone squishing their hands in jelly.


Now I want to know WHY they choose that sound? How did they come across the sound? Did they have a bunch of bowls of jelly sitting around or did they "squish" it once and just record it? What kind of jelly?



HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........................



Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

No comments neccesary.


HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm.................



Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Okay people get out the measuring tapes. I am pretty sure the large percentage of you people's sinks are NOT 6 feet from your toilet. So unless you have it covered or in a jar....YUCK, YUCK, YUCK.

What does that mean for toilet paper or the BOOKS you have on the back of your toilet seat that you read while you go potty...(dont judge me, lots of peeps read in the bathroom! lol)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........................

Okay I have given you enough to think about.


4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Things that make ya go HMMMMM

My toilet is DEFINITELY 6 feet from my sink/toothbrush. Actually, it is on the left side of an enclosed shower, and my sink is on the far side of the counter, which is to the right of the enclosed shower. So, hopefully I'm not getting any turd particles on my brush.

And the jelly sound? Have you ever seen Boo-Bah on PBS? If not, you should totally get online to see if you can see it on pbskids.org They are kinda like Teletubbies, only they are neon, and there are 5 of them, and they move up and down and make the noise that I can only describe as "fart in a can". Have you ever played with that stuff that makes a fart noise when you push your thumb down into it? No?? Well, I think you get the point.

That thing about the hair skeeves me out. I don't like to think about dead people.

BTW we need to chat sometime... TP wants me to homeschool the kids next year and you already know what I think of that. It's NOT friendly right now in the Texan Household.

Carrie said...

Interesting thoughts...."hmmmmmmm" indeed!

Carrie said...

and, our toilet is not 6 feet from our sink...ouch!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

my toothbrush is on a little shelf right BEHIND the toilet.

I am wondering if anyone else is grossed out at the thought of reading magazines or books that are in someone else's bathroom. I mean, we know what that person is doing while reading. Ick.