Monday, February 2, 2009

Update, Accountability club, my envelope

Okay, so I have been a bad blogger lately, it must be in the air because a lot of my favorite reads have blogged just a little bit less lately! I have not been feeling well, we have been busy doing family stuff and I just having taken the time to blog!

Well a little update over the past few days. I was supposed to have my Accountability Club Mr. Linky up but I havent yet! My resolutions arent going great but they are at least going! I had my envelope post scheduled to come up on Jan 30 and it did before it was ready and I deleted it, but for any who got a peek...

I have lost a few pounds, I thought I would be embarrassed putting my weight on the blog but honestly everyone knows I am WAY over weight and no one believes I actually weigh that much anyway. Well I DO! But I really dont care about the number as much as how I "look", actually how my clothes fit! I am losing weight although very, very slowly! I see it as a glass half full though cuz at least I am not gaining weight right!

On my envelope....

I will tell you two other things that are in my envelope. One is my anxiety. I am such an anxious person, unless you too are an anxious person you dont understand! In fact many, many people in my life REALLY do not understand (shout out to my family!) I cannot help it. I can work on it. I can do my best, but I cant make the feeling of anxiety go away.

BUT... in December my sister asked me if my daughter could go with her out of state...like on an AIRPLANE. I said, "um no, I really dont think I can do that."

So I was literally typing a post a few days later and talking about working on my anxiety. I got up to call my sister and tell her that Kate could go. You cannnot fathom HOW HARD THIS WAS FOR ME. I got off the phone and cried.

I know she will be fine. I know she is with family. I know she will have a BLAST. I know this is an awesome opportunity.

DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER.

But since we bought and paid for the air fare and I have told her about it... well let's say that I wont be making any appearances at the airport and I will be doing a LOT of praying!

Next in my envelope is our debt....

We made stupid mistakes. We are attempting to correct those steps by becoming debt free. We took Dave Ramseys class and while we do not follow the program entirely, our goal is to pay off our debt and live debt free. We DO NOT use any credit cards and have not for over four years. Anything bought is done with cash. Any vacation, any purchases, Christmas...etc. That is an awesome feeling!

But in addition to living credit card free, we want to be debt free! So that means paying off the old debt! Well this month we sent a money to pay 1/3 of a very large credit card! We have plans for Feb and March and that card will be DONE!

That is very exciting to us!

So there is my envelope post, accountability post, update of past few days post all wrapped up in one!

I will put mr. linky up in case you want to write an update post on your resolutions.





3 comments:

Carrie said...

I think it is awesome for you to be so open about really tough goals. Lots of people post the "easy" ones, well the "not so personal" ones. Debt is a HUGE thing for us too. We did the Dave Ramsey course at our church and though we don't follow it exactly either, it did change our attitudes and we are trying very hard to do better and get out of it. It is SO hard though!!!!
I didn't get a peek at your other envelope, but I admire you for making the weight goal. AND I totally empathize with your anxiety issues. BELIEVE ME!!!!! I would have felt the EXACT same way about my daughter flying somewhere, I have never flown myself either! Have you started reading that Mary and Martha book yet? There is an entire chapter in there about fear and anxiety, it totally changed my outlook on life!!!!

Gretchen said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments!

I did not save my $100 in January as I'd hoped. I thought about it often. I started to save (had $35 set aside) but then we went on vacation, plans came up. Basically, I suck. But I'm going to try again. And, i hear ya about being anxious. It is seriously a "one day at a time" challenge.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Quickly Search Movies, Console Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them @ Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]