Thursday, May 6, 2010

Raging Rep Tiles

Okay, I am going a little lighter this post!

I decided to do a review on a game we just bought. ( I am unsure of disclaimer stuff but I bought this game with my own hard earned dough! I am in NO way being reimbursed by the maker of this game or the store I bought the game from- although if anyone WANTS to send me free stuff--- so be it.)

Raging Rep Tiles!

We are starting our reptile study and I was at Barnes and Noble looking for another book and saw this! I am not that much of a impulse buyer school wise, I tend to research my products first but I did impulse buy this. I love it!

Number one it is an informational book:

the book has a lot of information, special facts and neat drawings, both real and cartoon.


Manipulative's: are made of heavy plastic, no parts come off for small ones

Game: the game consists of Rep Tiles (parts of a reptiles body), some of the manipulative's and the back of the book.


How you play the game:

the game consists of tiles that each have something on them. They will say 0 legs, spits, shell, 4 foot long, 20 foot long, camouflage, 4 legs, swims etc.

you have to "make" a reptile by choosing the right tiles. Once you make a reptile you get to take that animal and put in on the stack of tiles that makes the animal.

at the end of the game you add up points, 1 point for each tile and 2 points for each animal. The person with the most points.. WINS!

Some reptiles have 4 tiles to earn it some only have 2 or 3.

Emily actually won last night! She could look at what she needed to still get and what animal she was trying to make and play mostly on her own. She did not catch on to TRY to make an animal out of what she had, she wanted to make the animal she wanted to make, does that make sense?



All IN ONE! It was 19.99. I do have a Barns and Noble care so I did get a discount. If I had NOT been impulse buying I would have walked back into the store with a 40% off coupon in hand and bought it then!

No comments: