Tuesday, May 11, 2010

waste

I have suddenly become aware of how much of a time waster I am.

Does anybody else need to use that sentence in a blog post? Am I the only one?



I have posted about slowing down, smelling the roses, taking time for the small stuff... but the other stuff still has to get done. I feel like most of our days are just wasted. I feel like so very little was accomplished. I. do. not. like. that.

I don't want to be a time waster! I don't want to be micro scheduled either but there has got to be some balance!

Today, I bit the bullet and told the kids to grab some clothes put them on and that we were going to drive thru McDonald's. They threw some clothes on and after looking everywhere for a check I need to deposit, and checking for an email from Dave for the millionth time this morning... we got out the door. It was 9:38. We got to McDonald's, long drive thru line and when I got up to order it was 9:47. I DID NOT HAVE MY DEBIT CARD.

We left. I drove back home, went inside and got my card. Then I sadly enough DROVE back to McDonald's, going slightly over the 30 mph speed limit so that I would not miss them serving breakfast. I got there at 9:53. I asked the lady and she said they serve till 10:30. Well no reason to rush huh! So we ordered. I got up to pay and the coupon I handed her was not the coupon for what I ordered. So I had to pay 2.73 more than I thought I was going to, this is not big a deal besides that we are strapped for cash, I had NO business being at McDonald's for breakfast much less driving there and back TWICE, and I am irritated that I did not read the coupon!!!!! SO now I am a waster of time AND MONEY. I feel horrible. I am not beating myself up over the 2.73 but I am beating myself up over the entire scenario- which you must admit is very sad.

So all in all here is my verse for the day for you:



Pay careful attention,
then, to how you walk--not as unwise people,
but as wise--making them most of the time
because the days are evil.
                                           -----Ephesians 5:15,16


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to giggle when reading this post....maybe it should be more about looking on the bright side of things....you got to get some fresh air( x2 seeing as how you left twice ),exercise(running around like a chicken with it's head cut off looking for things), and you know the kids truly enjoyed McDonalds for breakfast!! haha, hope the rest of your day is enjoyable!!

Brenda said...

Can I copy and paste the whole post? Except the part about the coupon.

Been there. Done that.

Carrie Thompson said...

@ mommaHensCoop- yes we can look on the bright side! The rest of the day only got slightly better but the bright side is that I was TOOOO busy to waste time!

Carrie Thompson said...

@ Brenda--- absolutely! Its nice to have friends in low places huh!