Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Brain Fog in the menu department...

So I did a great menu plan for this two weeks, did my shopping and everything was a go!

Until the brain fog rolled in. The waves kept coming and coming.

You cannot physically cook a dinner at 5:30 if you are not at your stove.

Yes, I know ladies I said there was a brain fog!!!

So I have still done pretty well, we have done NO fast food, not even the Denny's meal. We have eaten lunch and dinner at home everyday, sans the Texas Land and Cattle meal for Fathers Day and lunch on Sunday for Fathers Day. The meals haven't been in the order I planned for, but still they got done!

So yesterday I was talking to hubbie about dinner and deciding how a pork roast can go in the oven when I am not here to put it there (yes I know crock pot but I am really set on this one going in the oven with potatoes to roast for some odd reason!--cant get it out of my mindset) And hubbie said...




Why don't you cook it for lunch?

HMMMMMMM....

So the day went on, I struggled making dinner between being gone to swim and volleyball but I did it. So this morning I am sitting here STILL thinking about how to get that pork roast in the oven between swim and church and...




Why don't I cook it for lunch?

I know I am kind of dumb that way and there was the whole brain fog thing!

So I went back to my menu plan and saw all these great easy lunches and more time consuming dinners and thought I will switch them! Hubbie comes home for lunch- I really prefer a hot meal during the day and so do the kids so...



Menu Plan switch-a-roo

Here is the rest of the two weeks, with the switch and with the changes I did just out of necessity.

Wed. June 23
breakfast- re fried beans, eggs and tortillas (no tortillas for me)
lunch- PORK ROAST with roasted potatoes and root vegetable
dinner- sandwiches (the meal at the church is not for my family this week)

Thursday June 24-
breakfast- pancakes
lunch-spaghetti and garlic bread- Matt's in charge of meal
dinner- Daddy is still in charge, me sandwiches

Friday June 25
breakfast- me out to eat, Dave and kids- cereal
lunch- me out to eat, Dave and kids- left over chopped beef on tortillas
dinner- me out to eat, Dave and kids- home made pizza

Saturday, June 26
breakfast- omelette's, toast, fruit
lunch- sandwiches
dinner- fettuccine Alfredo with chicken

Sunday, June 27
breakfast- cereal
lunch- taco's with chips and queso from El Ray

Monday, June 28
breakfast- cereal (still quick for VBS)
lunch- chicken nugget Parmigiana with spaghetti
dinner- chicken enchilada casserole ( I have all the stuff to make this already)

Tuesday, June 29
breakfast- cereal
lunch- Chicken and rice or sandwiches
dinner-left overs or cereal (YUMMO MEAL!)

Wednesday, June 30
breakfast- cereal
lunch- quick drive thru some where as we have plans after VBS
dinner- meal at church???


No comments: