Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things we are working on this summer....

Math- all the kids are continuing on in math with no break.

Science- finishing up Zoology
- latitude/ longitude mini unit
- water cycle unit
- healthy eating ( reading labels, serving sizes, food pyramid)
- measurement unit
-

History- we are breaking from history till mid August
- we will work on states and presidents

English - 1st Language Lessons
- Emily's LLATL
- small writing unit

Bible- 21 Day Scripture Adventure
- continue in Old Testament
- continue in Character traits

Extra - Unplug Your Kids activities
         - math activities
         - Service Projects
         - The House that Cleans itself- doing The Room that cleans itself for the kids!
         - cooking lessons (check out Raising Homemakers)
         - Half Price Books Reading Program
         - Houston Public library Reading Program
         - Barnes and Noble Reading Program
        
        

I am continuing on The House that Cleans Itself
I am on a very specific weight loss program- will or wont talk on that later, so I am focusing on that and it will take a lot of my energy and concentration.  Other things might have to be dropped... we will see how it goes.


There are so many things I want to do but I cannot do them all!  Neither do I have to!  So I am trying to focus on time sensitive/ importance right now. 

weight.
kids health and weight.
house.
kids character.
education.
finances.

So this is the next few months.  I will let you know if something changes!!!

The kids know that we are focused on reading, they are excited about the book clubs and think we can totally meet the family total of 150!

The kids are excited about activities at the YMCA.

The kids are having a stricter schedule (I know the opposite of most peoples lax schedules in the summer!) But we have a lot to get done!

There are ZERO electronics before 12:00 and only after that time if I say or it is earned.  MOMMA is crackin down!

The kids understand that my focus is my health- weight and school so they are on board (the bonus is fun time at the YMCA so they don't mind!)




4 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

You go girl!!! I'm very proud of you :) I hope I can get Robbie on board with the YMCA here but it has to be worked into the budget first.

Carrie Thompson said...

Thanks! Do they have a sliding scale? Ours does... They use you tax return I think?

I did two miles on the treadmill and one mile on the bike!

Brenda said...

Girl, e-mail me your stricter schedule. I'd like to see it. I like the no electronics before noon rule. Do you let them turn on the lights in their room?

I'M KIDDING! :)

No, seriously, that's a good rule.

Carrie Thompson said...

Um why would we need the lights on it is light on! Geez... Brenda would you be GREEN already!


Stricter schedule- um see next day! ACtually that isnt a good day becasue we did little school work.

I wanna see your day play by play, a real day with school work.


Do you ever wish you could be a fly on a wall with some other home schooler... I just wanna see how they all do it!