Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Menu Planning---- arrrrgggg.

Well because I can juggle only so many balls...menu planning has fallen by the way side. I dont know why, it doesnt usually stress me and I tend to do better with one, but somethings had to go for a while and IT was one of them. So I am adding it back into the mix!

So here is my menu planning for the next paycheck... I buy groceries every two weeks besides a few stock up items so i menu plan for those days accordingly.

We are VERY BUSY the next few weeks with two VBS, a 3 day hotel trip for me, Matt's swimming lesson which is Mon- Thursday for two weeks straight, this is on top of general business.  So our menu plan is slightly unusual for me, also some things I am choosing for the nights we are home are easier as the kids are either in charge or assisting me. It is also unsual in the amount of "not eating at home" we are doing in the next two weeks.

Wed, June 16
breakfast- special treat DONUTS (morning before absolutely needed grocery shopping)
lunch- sandwiches/ chips/ fruit
dinner- church serving Double Dave's pizza (unsure what I will do?)

Thursday, June 17
breakfast- cereal
lunch- hot dogs/ me turkey sandwich (Kaitlin is in charge of whole meal)
dinner-pork tenderloin, roasted vegetables, roasted potatoes, salad

Friday, June 18
breakfast- cereal
lunch- eat out with Daddy at Taco Cabana or El Ray!
dinner-home made pizza

Saturday, June 19
breakfast- daddy's choice probably omelets unless he wants to just sleep in!
lunch- Texas Land and Cattle (if you haven't jumped on my bandwagon for what a good deal this is GET ON GIRLS)
dinner- quesadillas, black beans, rice

Sunday, June 20
breakfast- cereal
lunch- chopped beef sandwiches, tator tots or chips and brownies for dessert (daddy's favorite!)
dinner- taco's (buying queso and chips at El Rays)

Monday, June 21
breakfast- pancakes ( no early VBS!)
lunch- spaghetti and garlic bread (Matt is in charge of whole meal)
dinner- Wendy's (gymnastics and first night of swim lesson so I need a drive thru!)

Tuesday, June 22
breakfast- cereal
lunch- sandwiches/ chips/ fruit (Emily in charge of whole meal- including a baked dessert)
dinner- fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and garlic bread unless Daddy takes them to Denny's!

Wednesday, June 23
breakfast- going to Cinemark Kids Summer movie so maybe drive thru McDonald's or granola type thing in the car
lunch- at mall if Uncle Brian can meet us, otherwise home for sandwiches
dinner- meal at church

Thursday, June 24
breakfast- cereal or eggs/ sausage
lunch- home made pizza (Matt in charge of whole meal)
dinner- Daddy in charge as we have ballet, swim lesson and Moms meeting at BSCH

Friday, June 25
breakfast- kids and Daddy cereal, Me out to breakfast with a friend (I am hoping for Chick fil la personally)
lunch- Cheddars for me and friends, Dave and kids sandwiches (Kaitlin in charge of meal)
dinner- me out to eat, Dave and kids- Daddy's choice

Saturday, June 26
breakfast- me hotel breakfast, Dave and kids cereal
lunch- me out to eat, Dave and kids- sandwiches or home made pizza
dinner- me out to eat, Dave and kids (Kids Eat Free @ Denny's)

Sunday, June 27
breakfast- me at hotel, Dave and kids cereal
lunch- out to eat
dinner- dinner at hotel (included meal)

Monday, June 28
breakfast- hotel (included meal)
lunch- mom has kids, Dave and I out to eat
dinner- chicken nugget parmigiana and spaghetti (after gymnastics and swim that is!) (Kaitlin will help with meal)

Tuesday, June 29
breakfast- cereal (we have a VBS this week also- so breakfast will be easy)
lunch- sandwiches or misc at home
dinner- probably Kids Eat Free @ Denny's after swim lessons

Wednesday, June 30
breakfast- cereal
lunch-home made burritos, chips and salsa (Emily will assist with meal)
dinner- meal at church



3 comments:

Brenda said...

OK I need to know details about Denny's and Texas Land and CAttle. E-mail me please!

Carrie Thompson said...

Dennys.. generally is kids eat free
2 free kids meals for one adult meal (this has to be a meal not one of their two dollar specials or something like just fruit).

at some Dennys the kids meals do not include a drink so to be cheap you can just order water.

Kids Eat Free at most Denny's are Tuesdays after 4:00 and Saturdays after 4:00. some of them have it all day on Saturday but not many.

right now Denny's has lots of specials like 2 dollar pancakes or biscuit and gravy. so for the other adult eating it is still a cheap meal!


Texas Land and Cattle-

On Saturdays from 11-4 Kids eat free.
two kids per adult meal.

On Saturdays for lunch they have specials. like an awesome hamburger and fries for 6.99 I think. also on the lunch specials they have steak, salmon and a wide variety. Not every special is as cheap as 6.99 but they are still good deals.

The kids meals are included so their is no cost for drinks.

you can also get a kids sundae (icecream, chocolate syrup and cherry) for 50 cents or a two pack oreo for 50 for a treat after dinner.

Bread comes with the meal so that is a bonus!

We also eat for around 20 depending on if we purchase drinks for ourself or just have water. I tip on the entire amount instead of the actual bill so it gives the waitress a nice tip.

So there are your good deals. Neither are the cheapest you can get but they are both for good kids meals and good food, even steak!

Jennifer said...

I love getting a peek at other peoples menu's :)