Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

All I ever wanted for Christmas as an adult anyway is a nice day. I want tradition. I want family. I want to have a wonderful, peaceful day with my family. Now I firmly believe that the meaning of Christmas is Jesus, His birth which was God's gift to us. I absolutely believe that. What I am talking about when I say what I want for Christmas I really just mean the holiday itself. I want to wake up and everything be ready and not have to rush around. I want to calmly get to open presents with my children and them to be happy and pleased with what they got! I want to have a nice breakfast, have a nice lunch with my family and all be together. I get most of that every year but for some reason I never get all of it. I never quite get things how I want them. I am not looking for perfection exactly just an exceptional day! Is that to much to ask for?

So in order to do what I can to make the best day possible, I am going to set somethings in motion.

  • I will have everything wrapped and in place by December 18.
  • I will have shopped grocery wise for whatever I need by December 22.
  • I will choose items that I am bringing or contributing to meals wisely,
    meaning they can be made ahead of time or take little preparation!
  • I will have the kids outfits for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day ready on
    Sunday and hanging up in my closet!
  • I will budget to be able to eat out on the 24 for lunch.
  • I will remember simplicity in my planning of Christmas Eve! I tend to
    go overboard on things!
  • I will also have a fun activity planned with the kids every day from the 15
    till the 24 that I will SIT down and do with them each day!

This is my plan. I will add to it as I think of ways to make my holiday season the best ever!




1 comment:

Brenda said...

Well please share the fun activities you and the kids will be doing--I might want to copy you!