Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Sunday...

It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted.

Mary O'Connor


I find this quote very interesting. It is so true! I need to decide if somethings I am busy with are important enough. Are the things keeping me buzzing about- useful, helpful, worthy, right, good or productive. I have posted comments on some home schooling blogs lately that I am not altogether happy with my schooling choice. For one, we are simply not doing enough. I also feel trapped in a little square box that I made for myself. When I step outside the box than I feel guilty for not getting "real" stuff done! It is a viscous circle! I am very busy with a number of things and I need to choose. Which are very productive and "bee" like and which are non productive like the mosquito's.


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooh, deep thoughts by Carrie! No, I like that quote. I need to think about that one too. Cause I've been way too busy. And don't worry about school so much! Your kids are learning right? Most important every day no matter what...read the Bible to them and read to them. Then fill in the other blanks of time you have left.

Brenda said...

I'm preaching to myself there too! :)

MYstory of HIStory said...

Great quote!/tho't provoking. I think a lot about whether or not what one is doing is good/productive, etc. can be found in the "why" behind whatever it is they're doing (ie. the motive/heart).

For what it's worth, I wrestle w/ this too -- you may like to check out a past post of mine along this line http://yadayadah.blogspot.com/2008/08/so-many-choices.html

Unknown said...

I was contemplating this "productive busy" versus "annoying busy" last week and trying to hone my thoughts in on it and couldn't pin it down. The mosquito/bee thing is PERFECT. I will be chewing on that as I seek to be more bee, less mosquito. Thanks Carrie!!! (I'm so glad you commented on my blog as I hadn't linked to you yet, I will be sure to do that right away so I don't "lose" you in the traffic). Blessings.

Gretchen said...

I can see a mantra forming....

"be the bee... be the bee..."

You'll figure it out! Don't forget to forgive yourself. You're probably your own worst critic.