Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday morning...

I know how I feel at Garner, I always feel closer to God there? I dont know if it is the quietness, the mountains, the nature or just my willingness to be still? But whatever it is I feel Him near me there. I feel Him speaking there. I feel Him. I go so long sometimes not feeling him. Isnt it a shame that I have to get away to feel that but than again even Jesus "got away". So I will not question. I will just wallow in the comfort of Him and the peace I leave with...


To trust, delight, commit, and rest,
What comfort this would bring!
If we would only practice this,
And trust in everything!
It is our Father's purpose that
Our hearts have peace, and rest;
His wisdom chooses for us
What is always wise and best.
He asks us just to trust in Him,
Be happy, and rejoice!
To evermore delight in Him,
This is the Shepherd's voice.
He wants us to commit to Him,
Our pathway, day by day,
To let Him take the hand and lead,
And to direct our way.
He asks us then to rest in Him,
Yes, this is His delight!
To have our hearts at peace and rest,
And happy in His sight.
"Let not your heart be troubled."
then, And "fret not," neither fear;
He wants us undisturbed and calm,
For He is ever near.
To trust, delight, commit, and rest,
Were this our daily prayer'
Twould yield the precious fruit of peace
And freedom from all care.
'Twould keep our hearts rejoicing,
With a mind at peace and rest,
And happy in our Father's love,
Whose ways are right and best.
—Lois Beckwith

No comments: