Friday, November 7, 2008

Fitness Friday...



okay, it is Fitness Friday!

I missed last week due to vacation and complete and total business but doesnt mean I wasnt working the program! I still havent graced the doors of the YMCA but I am working on it! I ate off some on vacation but was very careful about it and really did not go off much! I did however have some dessert- I ate three roasted marsh mellows over the camping trip at 6 carbs each and I did have various pieces of a Hershey bar (hey the whole bar is only 26 carbs! Not bad) But all in all a good time was had by all and we ate pretty carb friendly!

Plus all the walking and tramping and frolicking!

So goal for this coming week:

YMCA
lower carb intake
increase water intake (which I have been doing pretty good at!!!!!)


This weeks Fitness Friday is share your wardrobe choices for your weight loss journey! Well I just want to say, I meandered about online for a while and picked out some clothes, but I dont want to do this.

I dont wanna play, I am to far away from this particular goal so I am choosing to pick something else! This is a goal, not something to wear but something to do. I want to fit here...














and I want to fit in any of these seats, without worrying if I will pop out the arm sockets or the seat will bend over backwards! (this happened to me at paint place in an exact replica of the last chair!) Needless to say we left!





So that is my goal, not clothes but physical places that I can barely or not at all squeeze myself into! The last time I lost weight I remember going to the mall and we were in a food court (a place that I had previously not been able to sit at a table before) and I sat down and than I stood back up and sat back down and stood back up and my sister was like what in the world is wrong with you and I said, "I fit."



I want that feeling again!

8 comments:

karly said...

I love your goal. And, I love picturing you sitting and standing and sitting again in the food court! :)

Carrie, you can do it! Praying for you this week! Blessings to you!

Brenda said...

Oh that's awesome--I love your pictures!!! I understand about a goal being too far away...you don't even want to think about it much yet.

And Karly brings up a good point--we do need to add prayer to this! Duh! I will be praying for you too this week. If you can go on vacation and do that good--you're a shoe-in!

(Oh, and by the way...just how close did you actually get to the Y? :)

Elspeth said...

You can do this carrie! I totally loved this post. I will be praying for you this week as well.

JulieMom said...

Me too. I love the goal. And that you know what you're about and what you need to focus on right now.

**raises a glass of water**

Here's a toast to getting the feeling that 'you fit' again soon!

Unknown said...

Love the way you're "bucking" the system and making Fitness Friday what you need it to be!!

Gretchen said...

Carrie, Don't worry. You knew me when... and you are on my blog roll so I won't stop reading girlfriend!!!

You are doing so great!!!!! I am surprised you didn't say anything about Halloween this week. How did it go? Do your kids even participate? Do you have candy sitting around your house like we do?

Praying for you this week!

Luanne said...

"I fit" I love that! What a great perspective to post pictures of chairs. I love that because those things are all part of this process. I will be praying for you this week that you will make it to the Y and through another great week of realistic goals and a great attitude! We can do it!

Aunt Bossy said...

I love your goals--that is EXACTLY where I started. My 1st goal was to buckle my airplane seatbelt without struggling, and I did! (I'd gone an entire flight with it undone before, pretending it was fastened & hiding it under my shirt. I could not bring myself to ask for the extender.) Things like using a regular bathroom stall & not the handicapped one (I can turn around in here!) and finding that there was actual ROOM between my hips & the arm rests in our church auditorium seats--these are victories our smaller FF friends don't quite understand in the same way. You will have that "I fit!" feeling again, my dear. And when you do, we want to hear all about it!