Friday, November 14, 2008

Fitness Friday...


I cant really believe that it is Fitness Friday again! I don't know where my week went. I did nothing toward my goals. Nothin! I ate pretty well for the most part and made a few really, really good choices but did not uphold my goals of going to the YMCA and drinking more water. I posted on Brenda's rock post about making lists of what is most imp0rtant to me and I evidently need to move that way up the list! So I will work on that this week and I will covet your prayers about it greatly. All your thoughts, comments and encouragment really helped me last week as I ended up having a very tough week!
Okay so topic of the day: Restaraunts
I have had much less trouble at restaraunts on my particular (less carb) diet than other times I have dieted. I remember before this diet it was was extremely hard to eat out and very stressful. I dont like stress to be = with eating out! I love to eat out, I love restaratunts, I love getting my tea refilled, I love not having to wash up, I love even the hustle and bustle! So of course I dont want my experience to be stressful.
I have used the carb option meals on many restaraunts! They are usually wonderful. Almost always I can find a smothered steak of some kind! I love vegetables so I can simply eat a plateful of veggies! I will easily eat a ceasar salad with chicken on it. I love fish. I generally have lots of options at restaruants.
One technique I use is to take off half of the food on my plate and put it in a to go bag right off the start! This accomplishes two thing (1)what I dont see- I dont eat (2) I have another awesome meal to eat tommorow! Yeah. Another technique is I try to only order what I can eat, meaning I dont get french fries on my plate and just say I wont eat them, I try to get a different side or just ask for them to not be on my plate! The last thing I do is special order food. I just simply ask them to prepare something that is perfect for me-- for example at Bennigans you can get a piece of grilled chicken for 2.00 and with a side of broccoli for 1.79 it is the perfect meal and very, very cheap to eat out on! Last Sunday I went to Napoli's with family- Italian is generally harder than other types of food but I did fine! I got two meatballs, they were huge for 4.95, my hubbie ordered a pizza so I ate one slice of his pizza- which I didnt finish because I left it for last.

8 comments:

Elspeth said...

It seems like you're doing great to me, despite the areas where you need to work harder. Keep it up!

TAMI said...

Wow - lots of people are in agreement and practice with you about getting the to-go container ahead of time and removing half the food. I never even thought of that!

Brenda said...

Ah, a woman after my own heart. I LOVE eating out. Sigh.

You are right about not getting something and just saying "I won't eat it." becuase I totally will. Asking them to leave it off is a great idea.

karly said...

Yeah, such a novel concept to tell the server, "Don't put fries on my plate." It's brillant, I tell ya!

Praying for you to achieve your goals this week! I know you can do it!

Luanne said...

I know you can make it to the Y at least once next week. baby steps is all it takes. You can do it!

That is a great idea to ask the server to leave something OFF the plate. I never thought of that! Good one.

Have a good week :)

JulieMom said...

Still lovin' the blog design! Have I mentioned it's cute?

Anyway, great job and great tips! Asking for something you know you want (even if it's off-menu) is so smart! Keep it up!

Detroit said...

You have such great discipline - I really have to remember to hide half the food right away. I am usually so tired and just relaxing that I don't think about anything on our date nights out...I know this will help though! Blessings!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Good for you! Thanks for visiting my site - sorry it took me so long to visit you. I love your "day" post below ... sounds like a good one. I was going to run a 5k in Dec, but suffered a stress fracture while training, so I'll have to find one in the spring to do. That's what I get for thinking I could become a runner after all these years and "baby pounds!" I'm not giving up, though, just postponing!
Blessings!