Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fair Trade...

Best Buy has a trade in system. So just for kicks one day I decided to SEE what my current stupid, dumb, wish I had never bought, has great reviews for everyone else, needs to be reset every ten pictures I take camera would be worth.



Nikon Coolpix S630 12MP Digital Camera with 7x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Jet Black)
Buy new: $194.99

I bought this camera a year ago I guess  I dont really remember, I do know that I paid less than 194.99 for it because it was the last of that kind and I had a discount, but I dont remember the actual total.. I am cannot find a blog post about it which is weird but anyway.

So I put in all the information and THIS IS what Best Buy would offer me:

Trade-In Estimate
Point & Shoot Nikon 8.0 Megapixels and Above Megapixel

CAMERA CONDITION: GOOD

OPTICAL ZOOM: 7X Optical

CAMERA FOCUS TYPE: AUTO FOCUS

EXTERNAL MEDIA INCLUDED WITH CAMERA: No Memory CARD

FLASH: BUILT-IN FLASH

LCD DISPLAY BUILT IN: YES

ORIGINAL SOFTWARE INCLUDED: YES

BATTERY TYPE REQUIRED: Rechargeable Battery(s) - included

AC ADAPTER / CHARGER: INCLUDED

INSTRUCTIONS / OWNERS MANUAL: INCLUDED

ORIGINAL CABLES AND/OR DOCK: ALL ORIGINAL CABLES INCLUDED

PC CONNECTIVITY: USB and/or FIREWIRE

BLUETOOTH CAPABLE: NO

EXTERNAL TELEPHOTO CONVERTERS / LENSES: NONE

Estimated Trade-in Value


(includes a Prepaid shipping label) Gift Card Value: $32.00


Mail Check Value: $21.00



Really, I mean really... $32.00?

I think that is ridiculous.  I can understand it not being HALF of the value but really..$32.00!

So I will be keeping my dumb, irritating, doesnt work right, wont focus unless I bend over backwards camera and keep on!  THIS time when I buy a new not dumb, not another point and shoot, camera it will be the ONE I want.  I am willing to shell out the bucks.. And you might not understand that but  my camera is PRICELESS to me.  One day I will post why.  :)

But for now I will go with my non- perfect working, point and shoot,  I have to stop and reset it so that the camera understands it has to FOCUS on the object I put in front of it camera and take a picture of my kids!

BTW.. this is what CEO of Best Buy has to say about their new program.

"Buy Back is essentially "future-proofing" your technology. You purchase the technology you want today, and we'll buy it back at a set price when you're ready to upgrade to something new. You'll know upfront what your gear will be worth, and you can conveniently redeem your Buy Back at our stores and immediately receive a Best Buy Gift Card."
                                                                                                       ----Brian Dunn, CEO

REALLY, "future-proofing" your technology.  I'm going to make a big dent in the $1220.00 camera I want to purchase with $32.00!  :0)





1 comment:

Brenda said...

It was at least last year. I remember when you had lost your camera for a long time. Very stressful. $32 is crap. I mean, it's better than nothing but still.