Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up-- 28


Go check out others weekly wrap ups @ Weird Unsocialized Home Schoolers!

We had our sabbatical week break last week... and traveled to Dallas to the Great Wolf Lodge. So much fun, minus the sickness!



So Monday I had an eye appointment that lasted over 2 hours!  YUCK...

I came home and the kids only got the basics done like math, handwriting and started their science reading.
I took Kate to get a mani/pedi- this was her valentines day present that we didn't get to do at the GWL because Emily got sick on the last day so we came home early.  Anyway, we had some fun girly time!  Oh and on our trip Kate also had her FIRST eyebrow job done!  I always do the threading booths at the mall- because waxing breaks me out, so after I was done I told Kate it was her turn!   She is NOT a fan, but said she would do it again.





So after all our pampering... we went and bought new flip flops and found shorts for Kate!  WHOO HOO.

Tuesday--- I had signed up for a field trip to the Taste of Texas- an awesome steak house in Houston.  It was amazing!  The owners of the restaurant are Ed and Nina Hendee.  They are amazing people.  Mrs. Hendee does a Texas history presentation for all the students.  She has such an amazing passion for Texas history and it shows!  I cannot say enough good things about this presentation!  Kate got chosen to represent one of the first 300 settlers so she had to stand up wearing a bonnet- it was fun!




We left the field trip and headed to Pasadena to Chuck E Cheese- mom had Emily and we were celebrating our 100 the day of school with 100 tokens!  FUN!

We went to the dreaded Walmart! Next we headed home for gymnastics and tap.

Later that night is when I fell! YUCK. 

Wednesday- we got up bright and early- I drove Dave to work---I was only a little sore, not to much of a big deal.  My head hurt a little, but not bad.

We did some school work and worked on chores then left for our health museum field trip.

Our first class was on the eye and the kids got to watch a cow eye dissection!  Totally cool!




I showed Emily different parts of the muscles and it was neat to be able to show her the muscles.




After the eye class we did a class on the heart.  The kids got to listen to their hearts on stethoscopes, see a real heart and learn more information--- which I am proud to say KNEW most of!  Even Emily could answer a lot of the questions correctly!  YEAH!







It was a good day!

BUT by the end of the day I was SO sore I could LITERALLY hardly move.  So it was bed and knock me out medicine for me!

Thursday-

I woke up still INCREDIBLY sore.  I opted to take more Advil vs the pain pill.  But I got up and "slowly" moving and the kids got to doing chores.  So we would get a full day of school in!

Emily got two books done in LLATL! 

The kids did math, handwriting, ETC

Matt finished reading Caddie Woodlawn.

Kate started Lesson 5 in IEW. 

We got through David and Goliath in Bible- I had the kids listen to Prepare to Die by Carman!  LOVE THAT SONG!!!

and Friday I will wrap up another day because it was mostly history and Princess class- so that is another post

It was a pretty good week!


3 comments:

aneisa said...

Shame on you! You grossed me out with all those cow parts! Eww...
:0)

Unknown said...

What's a health museum? Sounds interesting!

Carrie Thompson said...

a health musuem is literally that... it is aweosme. all kind of health and body related interactive things. It is wonderful!