Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up-- Week 27

Monday--

We started out by doing our errands and I had a hair appointment at 9:30, I had the kids work on some school work at the appointment so it wasn't a total loss of time!  We met mom at Panera for a little snack.

I went by house and picked up library books and Book IT coupons. Left and got Dave lunch, dropped that off at his office, picked up the kids BOOK IT pizza, went into Walgreen's to pick up more envelopes to mail rodeo stuff, ran by the library and then HOME.

AND I WAS DRAINED. So I rested while the kids did chores.  We accomplished little but since I have been at home since last Tuesday night... there were things to be done!  :)


TUESDAY...

Bible- the story of Samuel and Eli and Saul becomes king

--- Matt said that (talking about the Ammorite king who was going to gouge out the right eyes of all the Israelites on the East side of the Jordan river) that it would be freaky to walk into a whole town of one eyed guys!  I agree!


We choose our LOVE CHALLENGE...

Math- check

Language-

FLL-- 3 lessons

FLL3---3 lessons

Writing with Ease--- one weeks worth.. It was Caddie Woodlawn, both Kate and Matt want to read it now so I need to go dig it out!  I couldn't find my copy but got two at the library!

IEW- Kate finished lesson 4 and just needs to proof and rewrite

Matt's writing- This week he was kind of boring.. one of his sentences was " I built him."  I asked him if we could jazz that up abit... so I said,  "I built him to fight the evil forces..."  and Matt said, getting excited, "the skeleton army!" 

Perfect! Skeleton army it is... fight on!


LLATL-  Emily made long vowel (Y) wheels, she had fun doing it... so I will print some out for the other vowels too.


History- the kids read Phoebe the spy. 

Science- We are almost finished with chapter 10. FINALLY.  I felt like this was a LOT of information!  I will tell you however when I went to the neurologist., I could look at the posters and read some information with knowledge of what they were talking about which is pretty cool!


Wednesday...

I had my neurologist appointment and Dave got so sick at work that a co worker drove him home.  We stopped at the library on the way home and got in just before the weather got really cold.  We basically had the kids sit around reading library books all day!  The did accomplish math, handwriting, ETC- Emily, and played a game together!  But it was a lost day!

The kids did pick their LOVE CHALLENGE- Emily got

Write a secret note to your sister/ brother and leave it for them.

She was SOOOO excited! In fact she wrote one for both of them



Thursday...

Well Hubbie got up and got going~

I was shocked, but glad that he was feeling better!

We got started on Bible- Samuel and Saul

Instead of using the bible curriculum that just glazes over some stories we are reading right from the Bible right now... it is so interesting to my kids, you know with all the slaughtering going on!  :)

Math- check
handwriting- check
ETC- check

Science-- finished chap 10!!!  I feel like I have ran the gamut with those two chapters for some reason!

History- the kids watched three episodes of Liberty Kids- I am not overly happy with some of their "historical facts" but it gives the kids a sense so that's cool.  We shall watch with trepidation! 

Emily read amazingly today!!!!!!!  YEAH.... Really, I feel like I should shout from the top of a mountaintop!  I am so excited and so very glad because I have been so weary in this department, for so long.

Kate and Matt started Caddie Woodlawn and are enjoying it so far.

all three kids did their LOVE CHALLENGE without prompting today! Emily had a kind word to say to her brother and sister and Kaitlin was a peacemaker at lunch by taking a piece that was more over cooked.  I really am loving this so far!


Friday...

The kids did math, handwriting and that was about all.  We had a family funeral, so learning today was put on hold.  We will get back to it next week.  Thanks Vickie for watching the kids....

This was in a lot of ways a hard week, but we have a weekend to be with family and to just relax and gather our strength to face next week...

 



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your first paragraph made me laugh! My kids have done school work at the hair salon several times now!

Glad you hubby is better so quickly!