Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Groundhog Day story... Oh yes I did!

So a few years ago (2007), Amy and I decided to have Groundhog Day party. Amy planned all these activities.. it was GREAT! We had asked NO one to watch the news that morning so that we could unveil if there was 6 more weeks to winner. So after crafts and activities I got out the computer and brought up the YouTube video of good old Punxsutawney Phil Watch 2007.  I honestly did NOT look very closely, this is NOT a mistake I have made again! So anyway, we set the kids up around the laptop and started it and the moms kind of moved back and were of course doing what moms do.. CHATTING.  About 10 seconds into the video  I realized something was terrible wrong.. but not until the kids had watched  at least 5 seconds more.  Oh yes...just watch.




In all honesty and just keeping it real we DID watch the video two more times before we watched the real one!  But it was one of my more embarrassing moments.

Well this year we had no such incidents.  We watched the REAL Punxsutawney Phil. 
But not before we made some predictions...



HE SAYS SPRING is near.. which is hard to believe with our 21 degree weather today!


We did some activity sheets and just keeping it real again... it felt just a little bit boring in comparison!






What is your embarrassing teacher moment!


1 comment:

H-Mama said...

Oh my lands. I'm a bit ill now. {putting hand over mouth... hand back to keyboard now so I can type} What a moment, yes? Videos like this would be a mild example of why my kiddos are not allowed to explore YouTube on their own. ha.

I thought of doing a lapbook today... but that's as far as it got. ;)

I love that y'all abbreviated Phil's name. We {okay... it was 'I'} were having a difficult time with his name today. ha.