Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things to do:

I am interrupting your regularly scheduled broadcast to bring you this special bulletin... meaning I will get back to the REST of vacation pictures next week!

I have been sick for the last 5 months. NOT every day, or all the time but a lot. If I haven't, then one of  my kids  have! It has really, really screwed up some of my plans. I am fighting with wanting to be FREE and just go with the flow.... and on the other side knowing things have to be different for us to succeed!

So here are my things to do!

vitamin regiment. I am starting the entire family on vitamins- yes, Family Team- (elderberry????) feel free to send me yours!

schedule.  Yes, because you all KNOW how good I am at it, but it must be done.  So wake up time is 6:30 and the day shall be as regimented as I can make it but still allow us to breath!

routine.  I have set in motion a few new routines, one being a NEW chore system.. YES, because you know how much I like change and failing previously aforementioned chore chart systems!

grocery and menu planning.  I was really good at this and have felt it slipping away from me, so this is just a matter of putting THIS hat back on!  I will make my list of 30 rotating meals and quit trying to be ingenious for a while and just put food on the table!  I will also be busting out some batch cooking.

budgeting.  Dave and I tried this new budget thing called MINT.com    UM... hello it tracks everything you spend to see where your money goes.  OUCH.  Um Double OUCH.  So we are back to envelopes.  :0)

lesson planning.  I actually had great lesson plans for this 6 weeks- I am pretty happy with it but need to critique a few things.  I also need to again be diligent to be purposeful in the schooling we do!  I am calling MONDAY the beginning of my new 6 weeks and moving on from there! Our new schedule will take us through April 1 and sabbatical week, then through May 20.  We shall see!  :0)

homemaking.  I have been lacking in this area with not feeling so hot.  I am going to try to not let it drop so far into NOT A PRIORITY category again.  I also have so many plans with decorating that I want to do, but it is time for SPRING CLEANING and another GREAT PURGE!


SO none of these things are NEW..... I am just using YOU guys as an excuse to remind ME what I need to do!  THANKS GUYS....




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good for you! Amen! You go girl! : )

You've actually inspired me to do some rethinking of areas I've let slip recently too. Thank you!