Sunday, March 27, 2011

$1.39

There are many car repairs that we can afford and then there are those that are in the thousands.  Not many car repairs are fun, but give me a $300.00 car repair and I am usually happy!  Or at least thankful!

BUT $1.39.. I'm ecstatic.

Dave pulled the truck up to jump start the Suburban... so we can attempt to sell it!  YEAH.

He got the Suburban running but then when he wanted to move the truck, it wouldn't start.

YES, this is my life lately! 

So he came inside and asked me to run and get a can of coke.



Matt and Kaitlin (who watch Mythbusters religiously) both said that when that MYTH was tested that it did show it could help...

So off I went.

Spent $1.39 plus some tax.

Came back- Dave called the kids over for the experiment, and we all watched.. waiting to see if it would work.






Dave let it foam and bubble, scrubbed a little with some sandpaper, rinsed it off and hooked the battery back up.

He started the truck and LO and BEHOLD, it started right up.



$1.39... thank you very much!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

My dad once had to fix a belt problem in his car while traveling a long distance with no repair shops in sight, so he used a pair of pantyhose. Necessity is the mother of invention, right?! : )

Theresa said...

Yay for men who watch Mythbusters & handy husbands!!!

Two weeks ago, our water heater wasn't working...a little googling and we learned it could be a thermocoupler (a $10 part) and it was--thank God!

Last Sunday, our well pump stopped working...turned out a wire was loose in our electrical panel & the hubs fixed it lickety split!!

So glad you are having the same kind of luck--because those pricey repair bills...not so good.

Julie said...

We have done that, too.

You have a Suburban you want to sell? We may have to talk.

aneisa said...

LOVE it!

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

I am going to forward you an email I got from my grandpa about Coke. I don't know if EVERY single thing is accurate but it was very interesting!