Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Works for Me Wednesday...

works for me wednesday at we are that family

I am joining up with WE ARE THAT FAMILY for Works for Me Wednesday.

My tip I got from my friend Amy--- there was conversation on face book one day about what your least favorite chore to do around the home was and mine was folding socks.  I can never find matches... it is so very frustrating.  So Amy posted and said a friend of hers had this same problem and she solved it be buying each family member a "lingerie" bag for the laundry.  Each person kept the bag in their room on a  peg and put their socks in them as they took them off.  Then on laundry day the bag was tossed into the washer. When it was done.. the person took the bag and dumped their socks in their drawer-

WOW.

It works for me!


Ours are like these only white...
 I put our first initial on each little plastic piece on the bag to easily see whose was whose.  I also learned you need to tuck the pull string INTO the bag before washing or it gets tangled up, which isn't fun.  BUT other than that... it works for me!

We have only done it twice so far so I will review again in a few weeks... just to REALLY test the theory- I have concerns of the socks actually MAKING it into the bag to begin with!



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

See, I love the idea of this, but geesh, I'm scared I'd just get angry about them not getting into the bag. But I'm storing this away for a future (they're all older) kind of day. :)