Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekly Wrap up-- Week 30 and 31

Week 30

I ended up not even posting last weeks wrap up, we literally did one day of work and the rest was a wash! So besides Princess Class and the one day of school we accomplished very, very little! I just went ahead and accepted the fact that we DID have Spring Break!

Week 31

Monday-

Well now that we officially have two cars (YEAH) I dont have to take Dave to work.  TRUTH- I liked taking him, we talked about our day and stuff, plus it was extra time spent with him. 

So I got up, Emily made chocolate chip muffins- yum! 




Kate and I cooked up three lbs of ground beef for various dinners this week, so Monday's casserole was made and in the fridge before 9:30!  WHOOP

Cleaned a lot, did laundry and worked in the school room- which was an organizational nightmare.  I have to do lesson plans for the next 6 weeks and I felt CRAZY!  I needed to put away what had been used, see what stuff I HAVE to go with the next few weeks- or see what I want to use!  DONE and DONE!  So now I just have to put it on paper!  After the math grading catch up last week.. I took note of some spots the kids are really struggling with- so all three are going to participate in some area, perimeter and measuring talks!



They each started new books this week:

Matt- Mary Poppins (he started this but went to somethign else for some reason so he is finishing it)



Kate- Sport (sequal to Harriet the Spy)



Emily- The Courage of Sarah Noble (I read a few paragraphs with her and she was doing fine so I left her alone- I am very excited about this!!!!)




I let the kids work on a David and Goliath color/ sticker book because I need to print more stuff for our BIBLE- hense the PLANNING! 



I also decided to go back through our Bible book and take questions from different stories we have already done to make a review/ game out of it.




We reviewed our history cards



We did SCIENCE!!!!  So behind where I want to be- must push foward!  We are still working on the senses.  and started working on some models.


TUESDAY-

We met up with a FRIEND for some talking!!!!  We got back home and did a little bit of school and then watched some videos for school and we were done!  Oh and the kids also had some reading time!



Wednesday-

Today was Emily's eye doctor appointment and our whole eye patching debacle... good times.

Between the doctor visit, four hours getting glasses and such and patching for 2 hours- that TOOK 3 1/2 hours.  good times.

dinner, bath and the day was DONE... so no school work!

Thursday--

Oh how the kids were gonna work this day!  They got up EXTRA early and got their chores done so that we could start school at a reasonable time.  Then we got off track but came back and started working again around 3:30.

We finished up chap 11 in Science -which feels like it has taken a year to finish!  Especially with taking last week totally off--- so finally DONE!  Only 3 more chapters to go!

It was all about the senses... we read our book, did the mini book, did the both crossword puzzles and did the copy work.  In addition to our science text we read one outside book on each sense and did some models.  I used these books for the reading:









And I used these books for some worksheet reinforcement:




And I used this book for the models:



Here are the models of the tongue, eye, ear and skin:





Here is Kaitling tasteingwith her tastebuds!



The kids also worked on art: 

We used Mark Kistler Draw Squad and they did a 3D cake..


Then we used Draw Write Now and they drew an eagle- Kate took some liberty with hers- take note of the eye!


Matt's


Emily's

Kate's



Friday....

We had princess class and it was our banquet day!!! So exciting!  I will post and wrap up Princess class tomorrow. 

We worked on history today--- finished up the Revolutionary war- no new resources.  We start up with the post Revolution and Constitution in two weeks I think! 

And that was all folks!  Oh had dinner at Becky's house- yummo!  Thanks for having us!






2 comments:

Theresa said...

I found you from Family Team.

Great blog! I love the details! I am your newest follower!

This is our first year homeschooling and I am always looking for new ideas! Plus, I LOVE Story of the World--I think it is really my favorite of all the books/programs I have bought!!

aneisa said...

Hey, could you send me an email with a list of the curriculum/companies you use for school books? Thank ya!