Saturday, March 12, 2011

LIVESTOCK SHOW -- 2011 and HOW I almost DIED.

9 hours. 9 HOURS is how long we were at the Houston Livestock Show and carnival. HEY did I say 9 hours?

So very long... I was so tired at the end of the night! I will say that NOT a single fuss from the kids- at one point we all sat down at a table and we shared a kids meal (2 chicken tenders and some fries), just to get a tiny bit of something in us and Emily laid her head down, but zero fussing!

SO MUCH FUN! We walked like MILES! We looked, saw, learned, played, spent, ate... looked, saw, learned, played, spent and ATE some more!




Can YOU SAY DEEP FRIED S'MORE? Because I can! WOW. GOOEY, hot, battered, marsh mellow creaminess. I only had half and was DONE! It was good but WAY too much to eat! BUT what I did eat.. YUMMO!



So at the end of the night, after Dave had gotten there we went to the WEST end of the carnival- two thousand miles away from the EAST end of the carnival.





 We made our way to the very end to the CRAZY COASTER... it was cute, little purple roller coaster but the cars were lady bugs that sat four like tea cup rides and as you were on the coaster there were parts where the car spun. YES. Emily wanted more than LIFE ITSELF to go on this ride. Kate did not, so I asked a very nice MOM who LOVES HER CHILD ENOUGH TO RIDE THE RIDE... if Emily could ride with them in their car. SHE WHO LOVES HER CHILD SAID YES.

EMILY LOVED IT and wanted to ride again. We left and went to do something for MATT and at the end of the night with 18 tickets left to our name we headed back to the CRAZY COASTER... NOW if you do not know me in real life... I am fat. :)   NOT like take the roof off to get me out fat, but pretty fat. This being said I don't generally like to attempt to fit in things like roller coasters at a carnival---- usually doesn't end well! BUT because I TOO am a MOM WHO LOVES HER DAUGHTER... I said I would take her on- there were no other GOOD moms around!  NOW after DAVE and the attendant- who really only spoke Spanish so I don't know if he UNDERSTOOD--- AM I TOO FAT FOR THIS RIDE? WILL I BREAK IT? assured me I would NOT break it.... I went on the ride.

AS THE CAR MADE IT'S way up the first hill... I suddenly remembered the OTHER REASON besides being fat that I don't go on these RIDES. UMMMM ANYBODY ELSE KNOW WHY???

MY anxiety--- I mean surely it is going to fly off the track and I will die. So as it started to ascend the MILE HIGH climb--- the click of each inch upward my stomach up in my throat, I began telling EMILY that "MAMA can NEVER EVER DO THIS AGAIN- but I love you very much baby girl"

I was frantic, leaning towards the inside AS IF THAT WILL KEEP US FROM SPINNING OFF THE RIDE INTO the darkness....

So we go up and down and spin around--- which wasn't as bad as when it would get to a corner and YOU JUST KNOW the stupid brakes or other such engineering will FAIL and you will die... that was worse.

SO we get to one point and our CAR STOPS--- high above the ground. AND Emily says to me.."MAMA it didn't do this last time!" and if you can possibly imagine the FREAKING OUT THAT OCCURRED in those HOURS   seconds we were stuck up there on the top of the roller coaster, it was NOT a pretty sight.


After the ride had begin again---- more, "I am going to die" minutes later we were done.  DAVE already KNEW.  He got up and was at the exit before we were.... his first words were "are you okay?- How you doing?"

After being repeatedly assured that I HAD NOT IN FACT broken the coaster from my massive girth... he informed me that the other cars had just gotten stacked up and they stopped it so that they could get caught up loading and unloading the other cars.  SERIOUSLY WHILE I WAS ON IT....

So I turned to Emily and said.." Emily I am truly sorry for any cussing that occurred up there on the roller coaster... I was really scared."

Emily said, "That's okay Mama, I am just glad you didn't have a heart attack."

AND with that she skipped off, happy as a lark onto the midway.


AND that is the true story of how I almost died at the 2011 Houston Livestock Show Carnival

5 comments:

aneisa said...

You are SOO brave to even get on one of those! I would have told Ginger, "Sorry girl, I love you, but not that much!" :0)

I give you the green glittery star of bravery, and I salute you!

LOL

Lisa said...

I am so glad you didn't die! You lived to tell about it! (And a funny retelling it was too. I'm sorry if I was laughing at the description of your horror.)

Brenda said...

That was the best story ever. I am DEATHLY afraid of roller coasters so I super impressed with you.

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Wow, what a day! I'm glad you survived, that would have scared me too! I would have gone for you, I like roller coasters :)

Christy said...

Soooo trying to keep the tears from rolling off my face from laughter! Sorry... I understand, but your account was brilliantly told! :-)