Friday, March 4, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up- Week 29



Monday-

We got errands done- donut Monday, work out at YMCA, eye glass adjustment and resale shop-- where I scored on some books!  LOVE guilt free errand Monday!!!!

Got home and had lunch, then busted out the school work!

We got Bible done- David and Saul
FLL 2- we designed and wrote postcards to send.

I am very frustrated with the kids and their INABILITY to remember what a part of speech is.  I think I am going to start each of them on Easy Grammar in addition to our other stuff.  So to the Homeschool store I
go!

Writing with Ease- we got caught up on two days from last week and did today's
Math
handwriting
ETC
reading- Matt started Skylark, Kate started Ginger Pye and Emily started The Josefina Story Quilt




Kate worked on IEW

And by this time we had to scoot to make it to art on time!

It was a good day!

OH and the kids got a new class pet.. let me introduce the leopard gecko!



Tuesday

We got A LOT done today- only problem is that I had to TALK all day to keep the kids on track!  THEY were NOT very focused!

We did Bible
handwriting
Math
ETC
Kate finished lesson 6 in IEW- stupid prepositions!  I do not like writing and I am NO good at it... so we have problems!

The kids continued reading...

Matt started The Indian in the Cupboard



Emily read two level 3 books and LOVED them!  YEAH!
She worked out of a workbook- basically busy work but we need to keep her occupied these days!

Each child had 20 minutes on the Wii doing exercise...

We also spent a little while outside and Emily jumped rope!

Wednesday...

I ended up not taking Dave to work which is always nice!  We got school started early, of course chores weren't done--- but that is a TOPIC for another day!

The kids got math, handwriting and ETC done.

Kate and I had a little disagreement about what it means to COMPLETE an assignment so I pulled a public school on her and told her she had till Friday at 3:00 to hand me in each of her assignments for IEW, typed, stapled with ALL work corresponding to the final draft attached!  We shall see.

Matt did a leg writing assignment... I told him he had to use three adjectives and three adverbs!

Emily completed 2 books for LLATL.  I have started skipping a few things in the book that REALLY she is over and I know she knows!  BUT I am determined to finish this book- however I am pushing through quickly--- ready to get to the next book.  This feels like First Language Lessons--- I just want to see the end!  :) Don't get the wrong impression.. I really do like the curriculum a lot- I just tend to put it on the "if we get to it" list of schoolwork---- WHICH is a big mistake!  So it has moved to right under BIBLE and math!

Matt has REALLY been reading this week and finished the Indian in the Cupboard and started Ginger Pye!  He is a reading machine!  I KNOW he is not getting some vocabulary and tends to mis pronounce some words but I let that go in his "free" reading time- I don't want to push him.  We work on vocab and stuff in other areas- PLUS I know the more he reads.... the larger his vocabulary will be.  I think I am going to start Wordly Wise with him and Kate also!  THOUGHTS anyone???

Thursday..

We started out our day by going to IT'Z- think Chuck E Cheese but a little more older kid than young.  It is cool- they had a grand opening special where you pay $5.00 per person and get all you can eat buffet, all you can drink soda and a $5.00 play card!  So you cant really beat that!

We went to Goodwill beforehand and we found Emily's PRINCESS dress for her class!  So pretty and princess'sy!  I know that is not a word but it is!

We came back to my moms house and got some school work done!

Math, ETC, handwriting, Writing with Ease, LLATL- we are more than half way done now and going MUCH faster (that happens when you ACTUALLY DO THE WORK EVERY DAY!)

Matt is now reading Mary Poppins- I cannot keep the boy in books!  Kate started Lydia- which is a 1770 historical fiction book.

We ate dinner at Fuddruckers and went to Christian Skate night... so it was a good day for the most part!

Friday....

We did Princess class- post to follow...

that was basically all we did besides visit with friends which was nice as always!

It was a pretty good week!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a good week. Thursday especially sounds like it was a super fun day! I haven't been to a Fuddruckers in years and years!

Tristan said...

It sounds like a full week! I didn't see a picture of the gecko and my kids would LOVE to see it as that is what my boys are studying right now. Pretty please? ;)

aneisa said...

Princess'sy IS a word! :0) You should hear my language my sister groans at. "Same difference" is one of my favorites. She says it doesn't make sense. Makes perfect sense to me! LOL