Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa in the ghetto...

I heard this song in Chick Fil A the other day... Yes, really!

I stopped and listened, then I asked the gentleman next to me if the song really just said Santa in the ghetto's, you know just to make sure!

It. DID.  Oh the visions that danced in my head!

Hm mm....

Really? I mean really?

The sad things is that if I wrote the song about Santa going straight to the "whitest" part of town you could find.. it would be racist!

Snoop dog did his own version of this song.. NO its worse than James Brown's!  I am not even linking it!

Then I got a link to a Saturday Night Live clip- which yes should warn me but I went there anyway!  It is called Blue State Santa.  Don't watch with kids btw.

Next I got this link off Face book...Its not just a CHRISTmas tree , it's a movement.  The comments are way worse than the actual article.  BTW I think the patriotic tree looks stupid but I think the other tree is actually kind of pretty.

So all of this reminds me of this...


 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)


My problem is just how far to take it. 

Turn off TV or just monitor
Turn off radio or JUST christian
All books vs . reading your Bible and only Christmas literature.
Movies or NO movies
Disney World or not
Santa praying at the manger or UM NO Santa at all


TOO MUCH!  How about

TV, monitored
Radio, monitored
books, monitored
movies, monitored
Disney world, monitored
Santa, fun but no glory!

Sound like a plan, YES?






 

No comments: