Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Busy boy...

Matt was busy a few days ago... He built a entire fort of cardboard, toothpicks and tape (yes, now I need more school supplies). I know the days of THIS are slowly coming to an end and I felt the need to capture it...



 He turned 12 this summer.  12! That is big, I mean as far as Jewish customs are concerned he is one year away from being a man!  I don't know about manhood, but I do know he is growing up... fast.

Gone are the days of little boy tonka trucks, cars lined up across my floor, mega blocks and dinosaurs crowding my kitchen floor...


 I miss those days.  I want him to grow up but, I also can't stand it.  So when I see the army men out, or hear the sound of Lego's being sorted through.... I feel the need to stop time! To just for a minute: STOP and breath in that moment! Because I know eventually the army men will go the way of the tonka trucks and the Lego's will be put away for another generation and LIFE will eat my little boy up instead of dinosaurs....



so for now, I will capture the moment.  I will remember, I will love who he is today and I will look forward to seeing who he becomes tomorrow....

No comments: