Saturday, September 13, 2008

hello, out there...

I am just very quickly updating that we are okay... we are in the Woodlands, with no power or water but obviously Internet...isnt that sad! No really my dh borrowed the hotel guys Verizon card so I could "see" what is happening! I love him! We had chips and nutella sandwiches since yesterday around 4, but we are surviving! We just had an incredible blessing, the people at the Courtyard Marriott where we are staying have been INCREDIBLE! My dh charged one of the managers laptops out in his car and when the people who worked here cooked up a bunch of stuff out of the freezer on a grill outside they gave him two plates of it. So we just literally ate our hearts our on some awesome bar b q chicken and sausage! Oh and ice tea! Seriously it was a blessing. Emily said after we were practically done eating, mom we didnt thank God and I said you are so right and we stopped right than and there and thanked God. Dave said a wonderful prayer and we know that we are safe, and our family was not harmed and everything else is just not as important. We are 99% sure our house is only minus some siding and a fence! We will hopefully find out tomorrow night IF we can even get there! I will update as necessary, but guys it is really, really bad here... I am thankful for so few deaths in such a catastrophic event!

Keep praying and sending your thoughts here and to all those who have lost so much...

Carrie in a very deluged Texas...

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am so very thankful to get your update!! So glad God has blessed you and taken such good care of you all. What a blessing to be given such a good meal during this awful time!! I am continuing to pray for you and hope you get back home really soon.
Blessings, ~Rhonda

Debbie said...

WOW! Glad to hear you are okay. Keep us posted and...guess what? I worked in the Courtyard Corporate offices for 7 years at Marriott HQ. So it is nice to hear that they treated you so well.

Bootcamp Burners said...

So good to hear you are ok and all safe!