Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday, Monday...and all that's gone on

There are reasons there are so many songs about this day! Why no songs about Tuesday? Well because Tuesday is just not as hard as Monday? I used to like Mondays- fresh starts, new beginnings and all that but now Mondays feel like a drudgery- the beginning of yet ANOTHER new week. Yes I know my attitude stinks. Okay changing my attitude. It is a beautiful day, it feels awesome outside and yet we are sitting in the school room doing math, etc and spelling test! Why oh why are we not outside! Well I will tell you why, because on all the other not so beautiful days I wasnt in the school room so now on this beautiful day I AM! Serves me right! I am at least opening the window so the fresh air can pour down on us!

We are doing the verse...

And he will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

I downloaded the song Emmanuel from ITunes, you know the one Amy Grant did way back in the good ol' days of Amy Grant! The kids really like and we have listened to it each morning along with working on our verse and doing our Bible lesson. I like doing our Bible this way, we have a short story, a few questions, scripture memory verse and it feels peaceful and not overdone! I do have some fun sheets to do as we get more into the stories but for now we are just doing simple and it feels right.

Kate was doing her math this morning, it was a section that I didnt have time to "teach" her the other day so we skipped it and are going back. It is word problems, which are especially hard for her. She always has trouble figuring out what do, is it add or subtract or multiply? So we are crossing out unneccesary information in the word sentence and circling clue words. We will see if this helps! i will keep you posted.

Emily is giving me reason to bang my head against the wall! The phonics thing is killing me... I know TIME! Seriously I know, I just mistakenly thought that maybe this would be the child who I didnt have this problem with. I just thought she would breeze through it. The problem is that I really still do think she can breeze through it and she is only being difficult. She is just that child! But I know time...

Matt is doing great in math. He can do all the 'thinkin' just fine, he understand the concepts, no problem! I jsut cannot read his writin' for the life of me sometimes! This is so frustating. I know I could have a worse problem but it is very frustrating. If I make him rewrite it he just gets mad because it is right and that frustrates him. So who deserves to be frustrated??? Me or him????

We went and saw FireProof last night. Its content was amazing and I could have replayed a number of scenes for many instances in our marriage. It was good but piercing if you know what I mean. So anyway, I do lots of nice things for my husband but that doesnt mean i always do them in the right spirit? Anybody ever do that??? So I have purposed (yes dh I know you are reading this) to pay attention to the attitude in which the kind act is given so that it truly is KINDNESS! You wouldnt think that would be so hard but sometimes it is. My youth pastor always used to say...If you dont feel like reading your Bible, than read it until you do!!! So I dont always feel like being kind but I will do things until I do feel like being kind. But in my case I am going to basically just work on actually FEELING KIND. So how was that for honestly on the blog front!

So Kate has art today, I have meaning to post her drawing of an eye for a while now but have never gotten to it so here it is..



I am personally very impressed by it!




We are starting History today. Yes I know I was supposed to start WEEKS ago but give me a break I am starting now! YEAH. The kids are sooooooo excited. They love history! We are doing The Story of the World 3. We will go from Charles V all the way to the Califonia gold rush. That is a LOT of histry! I am excited about this year though, I am hoping to retain much more than we did last year! I plan to focus on the hands on that my kids learn so much through. I dont care if this year takes us two years we will get through it all the way I want to! We have plenty of time to go through it again! I am going to NOT stress about history.




So in two weeks we are having a garage sale. I really, really want to get rid of some stuff! So I am going through every drawer and bucket! I dont care so much about making money off a garage sale although that would be a wonderful bonus, I care about getting rid of STUFF!

I guess you could call this post a personal update!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah, don't stress about history because....it already happened.

I am so funny and helpful! :)

Our math problem (nice of your kids to all present you with different problems!) is that she doesn't have her facts memorized. She understands everything but can't go much farther until the facts are learned--really truly learned. It may take us months but we are going to do it!

Dana Leeds said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

And, that eye is incredible!!! I'm very impressed.

Bootcamp Burners said...

Don't worry about history, I can never seem to get to it week after week. We are only on SOTW2.

Wow, Kaitlyn that eye is amazing. You are a great artist.

Rhonda said...

Kaitlin's drawing is very impressive!