Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember...



As you recall September 11, always remember that we were attacked not for what we do wrong but for what we do right. Remember the spirit of that day -- the day America showed what makes us a great people and a great nation; the day the true character of our nation triumphed over unspeakable evil; the day that freedom and democracy prevailed yet again over oppression and tyranny.


--------George Pataki, CNN Affiliate



I remember this day vividly, I remember everything about it, every detail. I remember the absolute fear and unbelief. I remember having to drop my dh off at Chase Tower, downtown which is the tallest building and a major financial institute in one of the largest cities in the country and literally watching a plane fly over downtown Houston, before they were landed.

I remember fear. I do not remember doing what was right- trusting God. I do not remember being glad it wasnt worse- I couldnt believe it happened in the first place. I don't remember feeling like a great nation- I remember feeling failure. I dont remember feeling strong- I felt weak. I dont remember feeling safe- I felt vulnerable. I dont remember triumphing over tyranny or unspeakable evil- I felt evil prevailed.


It wasnt until later that I remembered to pray. It wasnt until later that I remember to be glad it wasnt worse- to give my utmost thanks from the bottom of my hear to the plane full of Americans who gave their life so it wasnt worse. It wasnt until later that I remember feeling like a great nation- a nation standing together, as one, with no color or race or party or bank account mattering. It wasnt until later that I remember feeling strong- that we had options, that death wasnt the worst thing we could face because I have the hope of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life with Him. It wasnt until later that I began to feel safe- when I knew that no matter if the terrorist came again that we were the country God meant us to be and that I had to trust Him to keep us in His arms. It wasnt until later that I felt we triumphed over unspeakable evil- that evil did not prevail. Yes he killed and wounded, and hurt, and did damage but that evil could NEVER take freedom, hope, love, peace, joy and God from us no matter what evil tries to do.


Remember today, remember what you thought.


Remember who to think of those who died.


Remember to think of those still dying and to send a prayer for them.


Remember to always remember because to forget is wrong.


Remember...




No comments: