Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preparing for departure...

Ha, since you know I live in Texas I bet you thought I meant IKE, but I didnt! I meant my sister, nephew and niece! They are boarding their plane at 11:15 in the morning and making there way to Houston! I am very excited, I havent seen them for a year and cannot wait. Cami was so little when they left and Conner just barely turned two and they are just growing up so fast without us seeing it! That makes me sad. But they are coming, even admist the storm! I just cannot wait.






But truthfully we are preparing to depart, we are evacuating. I just do not like being in a situation where I am stuck and feel safer and better farther away! So we are packin up and movin out! Keep the Texas coastal area in your prayers, it looks like we are gonna take quite a hit!












3 comments:

Gretchen said...

So where are you going?

Rachel Harris said...

Hey girl

We are sticking it out here but have fun!

The Horses unit has been a lot of fun, and the race track was great! There was lots of opportunity to see the horses up close, it was free admission for the day (just $5 to park), and the food was reasonably priced and yummy! :-)

Be safe and careful on your travels!

Dana Leeds said...

Carrie, I was glad to read that you were evacuating. We ended up leaving yesterday (Thursday) morning to move up by my mom's in Dallas. It is a relief that I get to sleep tonight as many of our friends will probably not. I'm sure covering the area in prayer!!! I kept waking up and praying last night... I wonder what tonight will bring, but God knows! Take care!!!