Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My resourceful neice!

Today my sister Amy fell outside her house and badly hurt her ankle. She was unable to move and lying on the driveway...after a few minutes Kirsten came to the door and asked her mom if she was okay. Amy told her could she please go get the phone so that mommy could call daddy. Kirsten went to get the phone and after a while came back to the door. Kirsten got to the door and told Amy I called 911. Amy said, No you did not. Kirsten replied yes I did and they want to talk to you. Amy willed herself over closer to the door to reach the phone and spoke to the 911 operator assuring her that an ambulance was not necessary and thanked her very much. When she got off the phone and was waiting for Brett to get there, she talked to Kirsten. Kirsten relayed what she had said to the 911 operator. It went like this.

911: Hi what is your emergency?
Kirsten: my mom fell down
911: what is
your name?
Kirsten: Kirsten
911: Where did your mom fall down in the
backyard or the front yard?
Kirsten: She is in the DRIVEWAY.
911: Okay,
can I talk to your mom...

Kirsten told Amy that she put the phone in her pocket and only dropped it once and got the phone to Amy. Later she said...Mom I don't even think that lady thought I was in a walker, I think she thought I was a teenager!

You go Kirsten Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a super smart little girl!!!

Bootcamp Burners said...

What a beautiful little girl!