Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Financial crisis???



So I am watching Fox News today and they are interviewing a couple who is suddenly going to marriage counseling because they started fighting about money. So they said the never fight about any thing other than money and with the economic crises things have gotten so bad that they are fightinng all the time. So the wife says, we have a beautiful four bedroom home, we have gone on all these vacations but if we KNEW this economic crises was coming I am sure we would have been more prepared.

um duh.

Isnt the point to be prepared, period!

I know things happen spontaeously, your husband gets laid off. You are at fault in a car accident. You have car repair, house repair and doctor bills all at the same time. I know things happen that make you tight but that is not what she is implying! She is implying that they dont have any savings. Now I dont have much savings either to be honest, but we work at and and strive for it! We dont buy a four bedroom house and go on vacation everywhere and blame the goverment for economic crises! I just dont understand. I think every person should have to go through marriage counseling- like it should be a rule! But they should also have to go through financial counseling- REAL financial counseling. Becuase we screw so many things up!

Dave and I have debt. Most people do. But it has been literally years since we have used a credit card! Everything we do is cash purchase! We are proud of this fact. We work hard to have enough and still save and still buy things we want! But if our financial situation changed and suddenly Dave and I were arguing about money I would just simply give up something! I would know that for a season I cant buy this or I cant buy that! It is called being a grown up! But this lady was talking about financial difficulties on TV to the point of marriage couseling and they were eating out at a restaruant where they got interviewed!

Sorry I am ranting but what she said just unerved me! It sounded so irresponsible. The couple said many things that just made me ache for their family situation! But than she said, "If we knew financial stuff was going to happen, I would have beenprepared!"
That is why you prepare before the stuff happens! Or at lease be on the right path!

People I implore you, take a Dave Ramsey course! Hear what the man has to say. I certainly dont do everything he says to do, and would be much better off if I did! But at lease implement some of his teaching and you will be so much better off than others!

Finances do not control us, we control them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me! I would be much better if I would implement Mr.Dave's money philosophy also. We are so hard headed. LOL Your children are so cute! I love your blog header too. :)

Rhonda said...

Carrie: You are right on with this post. People want everything all at once no matter the cost and wind up in debt they can never get out of. We're the same way as you guys with our credit card-we rarely use it-just enough to keep it current-then pay off the amount that month. We have $0 on our credit cards and I am so thankful for that.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I appreciate it!! :)

Bree said...

You go!!! I am right with you on this one..We took the Dave Ramsey course and are working so hard to implement every step. We are not there yet, but we are close to being debt free (except our house) and that is an awesome feeling. People need to wake up! The point is to be prepared, so when a crisis hits, you do not have to worry..Ok, gonna step off my soap box....

Gretchen said...

Amen, sister. YOu are spot-on. I get very sad thinking about the folks who are in huge debt and just keep getting deeper and deeper. Like the really don't know HOW to say No to purchases. I would go crazy if that were me. But, maybe this financial crisis will turn some folks around.

thanks again for the guest post! It was great!!!