Friday, October 3, 2008

Fitness Friday

Okay, a quick recap of how my week went....

To be completely honest, I have to say it was probably my best first week of a diet I have ever had. I had gone to the grocery store, which right off the top is a life saver! I had put down on paper a number of meals I could eat, which right off the top saved me from PANIC. I had determined my *rules* so right off the top I had no excuses! I had let my family know so right off the top I had support. I had posted it on a blog so right off the top I had NO WAY OF BACKING OUT. I mean this isn't just a blog where people are random, I know most of the people who read my blog...they see me! I have to shrink or heads will roll! No really I think it was a good week, I ate all the right foods, in all the right amounts and big drum roll..... I didnt even have a diet coke every day and when I did have one I had...ONE! I am so proud of myself!

My goals were 15 carbs per meal basically which I pretty much stuck to unless the carb was a fruit and actually God made it to go in my body! I had another goal of drinking water which didnt go that great but I sure drank a whole heck of a lot more than usual and less DIET coke! I had another goal of no dessert which surprisingly went fine. I WAS fine! I didnt die without dessert! Yeah. MY last goal was to excersise which did not happen as much as it should have but I am working on it!

So all in all I think I did great!

I am doing a Mr. Linky thing with Brenda at the Family Revised! We are braving the losing weight thing together! So our topic for Fitness Friday is....

I cant wait till.......................

I can walk into ANY store and look at an item of clothing that I could choose to try on!
I can not worry about signing up for the Women of Faith Conference for fear I wont fit in the chairs at the Toyota Center!
I can look at food without it being so important to me!
I can fit into a lower size, at this point one size at a time!
I can walk up a flight of stairs without practically have a seizure (well I dont right now but it is hard!!!!!!!)
I can just plain feel better......

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Carrie--there is so much to look forward to!!!! I read a story about a man who lost like 80 pounds and afterward he decided to walk around all day with an 80 pound bundle tied to him. He said he couldn't believe he had carried that weight around!!!

I wanted us to look forward b/c I think sometimes our imagination doesn't let us think about how wonderful it's going to be!

You are off to a GREAT start!

JulieMom said...

Yay Carrie! You can do it! We're all in this together, and it's a great way to stay accountable. I know for me being on the mission field people won't be looking for me on Sunday to see the change, but the Prince and I are keeping each other on track. Keep it up!!

karly said...

You said, "I can look at food without it being so important to me!" Amen, sister! I can't wait for this!

Congratulations, Carrie, on being part of Fitness Fridays! I know you will do so well, and if you need encouragement, email! We will lift each other up!

Have a super week and looking forward until Friday!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh you can SO do this! I look forward to your weekly posts!