Friday, October 17, 2008

Fitness Friday












I didnt forget, I just simply had no time so I am breaking what I am sure is a bloggy rule and I am writing this on Saturday but going to change the post date in my post options so it will show Friday! But I am admitting what I am doing so I am sure I will be forgiven!


Anyhoo...Fitness Friday

I am doing pretty good actually. I did eat something fried, one eggroll one day and a few seasoned curly fries another day but no guilt! I dont like breaking rules so I will from now on refer to them as diet "guidelines"! I stayed on task other than that. I have definitely lost some weight or at least feel like I have in the -how my jeans feel department- so that is awesome! I bought a new pair of jeans at WALMART, so for any fat (I know that word is not politically correct but lets call it what it is) who has shopped at Target or Walmart know that their "fat" sizes are fake out sizes. A 3x is really like a 2x in a real fat store... So needless to say it has been quite awhile since I have shopped in their clothes departments. Well they have since gotten some new sizes that are larger but until recently I could not even fit into those sizes. Well I did yesterday! I got into a pair of blue jeans from Walmart. This feels to me like triumph!!! BTW I felt the need to stated that is not me in the jeans! It is a walmart model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay onto goals for the week and my diet "guidelines"...

approx 45 carbs a day (not counting some carbs if it like an apple or green beans at dinner.
drink water!!!!!!!! (still not doing this! Have to!)
no desserts even sugar free ones ( for first 6 weeks)
exercises ( still need to work on this)
no fried foods ( will try really hard not to do this but will if I can remain in calorie and carb range or close to it)


Okay for my Fitness Friday post...

What I am snacking on...

I am really trying hard to not do much snacking but when I do snack I get fruit, nuts, cheese. Those are the most common. I have tried to warm up real food as a snack if I was really hungry. I dont have some great new idea for a snack... which I did! I am drinking my diet coke now more for a snack/treat than a beverage all day long. Wow I am a boring snacker!!!


8 comments:

TAMI said...

Thanks for stopping by, leaving a sweet comment and welcoming me to the club!

It must feel fantastic to wear your new jeans - congratulations!! Sounds like you've got some good "guidelines" to keep you on the right track. I assume this group has been a source of encouragement accountability along the way.

Looking forward to walking alongside you on this journey.

Luanne said...

Excellent Carrie! Fitting into smaller sizes is always an indication that you are on track! I love getting new jeans! Congratulations and good work!

Thank you for your encouragement! See you next Friday! And BTW, I love your pumpkin patch pictures!

Brenda said...

That is SO AWESOME about the jeans!!! That, to me, is a better success than numbers on a scale or measuring tape. How clothes fit matters more to me! I am so proud of you! (And I can't wait until I can go buy new things b/c the current ones are falling off. No danger yet. I'll let you know!)

Getting "real" food instead of snack food sounds smart to me! And probably, you are just too busy to snack!

Elspeth said...

Great update! Congrats on the jeans.

Tracey said...

Congrats on your new jeans. What a great feeling that must be! Keep up the good work.

Plate spinner said...

Way to go new jeans. That's something I'm looking forward to.

JulieMom said...

Way to go!! Walmart or not, new jeans that zip up on the first try are priceless! And a smaller size to boot? PROGRESS!!

MrsA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.