Friday, December 5, 2008

Fitness Friday

I have so many pic and stuff to blog about that I am going to do a quick Fitness Friday post and than do more on my vacation!

For Fitness Friday Brenda asked that we blog about our favorite features. I have really had to think about this hard. I read other peoples post and I agree that I like my eyes and I like my hair. Well that is it. I do not mean to imply that I hate myself but I really dont like much about myself. I mean besides being extremely overweight I do not like my hands, I think they are stubby, I do not like my wrists, I am slightly larger boned and most bracelets dont fit me, I dont like my feet unless they are freshly pedicured which does not happen very ofter! and most of all I cannot stand my smile. I have beautiful wedding pictures, all of them have sunsets and palm trees and my dress is beautiful and looks pretty good but I have never done anything with them because I cannot stand my smile! I look, well to be honest I look stupid! Okay so I have to post it to prove it!

I dont want you to think I am all negative because that isnt necessarily true, I just dont like my body! I know I will like it more when I weigh less but that is really a means to an end-how other people will see me. I merely want to lose weight to number one- look nicer, number two- be healthier and number three-fit places! I am not expecting my smile to magically get better!!!!!!!!

So on to the real thing I want. Braces. I want them! i told myself (and my hubbie) privately that if I lose a lot of weight that I want my teeth whitened and straightened! Talk about vain?

Oh well. I can hope right!

Signing off for Fitness Friday and on to other aspects of life!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Carrie, there is no way that someone with an "ugly smile" could have EVER produced the beautiful children you did! But if braces would make you feel better--do it! Honestly, (and I know you in REAL life!) I've never noticed anything wrong with your smile. But I understand, we all think about ourselves differently than others do.

Luanne said...

Braces could be a nice reward or motivation to reach your goals!!! I am sure you are beautiful though! God made us all..there's nothing more beautiful than that!

I'm cheering for you! You can do this!!!

karly said...

I agree with Brenda. Those beautiful children had to come from somewhere. I am sure you played a pretty significant part as to how they were created. :) (And, if it's any consolation, I don't like my hands and feet either. And, I want to whiten my teeth, too. That's why I didn't mention any of those things in my post.) :)

As for the braces, I LOVE that as a goal. It is not at all vain. I say go for it!

Praying for you a great week, Carrie!

JulieMom said...

I always wanted braces when I was little and used to stick bent paper clips in my chewing gum to pretend I had them.

Why did I share that? I have no idea, but if it's a feasible thing for you to do, and will make you feel better about yourself- do it!

Just go to a professional. Gum and paper clips don't really work.

Elspeth said...

You, Fitness Friday friend, are fearfully and wonderfully made. Period. And I concur with the other commenters. There's no way an unattractive woman could birth such beautiful kids. Half their chromosomes came from you, too!

Detroit said...

Well, I just wrote about a similar situation with my smile. I did not even realize I had teeth issues until it was brought to my attention...I too want braces someday. I even used to dream of losing my teeth and getting dentures just to have nice straight teeth...TMI? Anywho - don't want to go that route so I say go for it but in the process be praying that God opens your eyes to the beautiful person HE created in YOU. Blessings!

Megan said...

My sister had her teeth "fixed" a few years ago, and it made such a HUGE boost in her confidence level! She used to never smile when she was in pictures, and now you practically need sunglasses because her smile is so bright (of course, God's doing a lot of great things in her life as well :-). So I would really encourage you to take that step yourself, if it's something that bothers you. In the meantime, share your smiles generously anyway! A smile is always a beautiful thing, even if the physical features aren't perfect.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it ironic how hard we are on ourselves?

I was telling my 8yo dd that when I was a teenager, I had to have every hair in place. And no one ever noticed. They couldn't tell when I had them in place and when they were out of place. It all looked the same--to them. To me, they looked wildly different.

I bet your smile is lovely--to everyone else. Especially your children, who feel it in their hearts.